just got a Ipod 30gb!- need help

there was an ipod iTunes converter posted a few weeks back here... search for it and try it

Get the xilisoft ipod video converter. It's much faster and does a good job. Videora takes too long to encode.

congrats on the new toy bro :thumbup:

AxlxA said:
Get the xilisoft ipod video converter. It's much faster and does a good job. Videora takes too long to encode.

I found that Xilisoft makes the audio out of sync on shows longer then an hour.

Happens with a lot of the iPod video converter program, because apparently they steal the same code running the converter and just put a different front end on it.

I've only done 30 min shows with xilisoft... so you may be right. I'll try soon when Top Gear comes out again.

Janus said:
AxlxA said:

I found that Xilisoft makes the audio out of sync on shows longer then an hour.

Happens with a lot of the iPod video converter program, because apparently they steal the same code running the converter and just put a different front end on it.
i think that even though it get a very little bit out of sync, videora gets really bad. i strongly suggest xilisoft over at least videora.

I use Cucusoft Video Converter, which I think you have to pay for, but I'm sure you people can find somewhere to get it like I did, and I have never had a problem with audio sync. :lol:

I generally encode videos with everything on the recommended levels and they turn out great. I've also bumped the video quality up to the highest and it gives an even better picture, but this only seems to work for shows an hour or longer and the output is huge, like a GB or so. So I usually don't bother as the image quality increase isn't justified by the huge size increase.

I read on the Xilisoft forums that the sync problem is caused because the video and audio encoding are actually done by seperate parts of the program. The video usues 3 decimal places for its position, like 27.32.02, and the audio only uses 2 decimal places, like 27.32, which means that they don't actually match up properly. Consequently video and audio run a fraction of a second out of sync of each other, which when multiplied over a long file makes the audio noticably out of sync. As I said, I usually see about 1 second out or so at the end of an hour long show.

1 second is a huge sync problem. I notice it even if ti's 200ms.