just got back from a test drive

Andrew911tt

Car(s)
2008 MazdaSpeed3 GT
hey i just got back from a test drive of a VW GTI, Scion TC, and Toyota Corolla XRS.

I wish the GTI was the new one thats in Europe, thats why i went, but the guy said that they wouldn't be here for about another year which sucks. But the old one was nice it was fast. It had a much bigger trunk(boot) then i thought. The space was very nice. I am 6'3" and i fit very well inside.

The Toyota Corolla XRS was suppose to be the fast one but the thing was slooooooow. With the 1.8L 180 horsepower it felt so slow. The inside was very big, a lot of space.

Now the Scion TC was a big surprise with its 160 horsepower 2.4L feels so much faster then the Corolla XRS because of the lower torque. Big with the back seats down but with the back seats up not much trunk space and the back seats are SMALL. But the front seats have a lot of space.

I didn't like the Toyota Corolla XRS but i liked the GTI and the TC. I think i might go with the TC because it is fast enough and it is much cheaper then the GTI but i am going to go drive some more cars in a couple of days

Meh. They're all meh.

GTi: nice, but I'd wait for the new one

Matrix: engine not suited to that car

tC: looks worse that your mom's ass

the tC is a nice car, despite being a...erm scion, i also read that you can get a optional TRD supercharger that boosts power up to 200hp

I wouldn't want to get the golf personally because if i do get it, i know that i am going to regret it when the new model comes in just a year.

I LOVE the looks of the TC One again LOVE the looks

I am not going to buy I just like going and test driving cars
i am going to try a civic, element and i don't know what else

give some ideas

Renesis said:
I don't know what's fun in testing crappy cars...

test something fun...

Get a life Ren - not everyone needs a turbo charger or 240hp to enjoy a car...

Sure, if we had 50 grand to spend, we could go test your "fun" cars, but how many people have that kind of money for a decent first car?? Like he said, he's 20 - very few 20 year olds can afford an RX8 :roll:

Andrew911tt said:
I LOVE the looks of the TC One again LOVE the looks

I am not going to buy I just like going and test driving cars
i am going to try a civic, element and i don't know what else

give some ideas
ahh i see :lol: ;)

here is a list of cars they might let you try out:
Honda Civic Si
Acura RSX
Dodge Neon SRT-4
Subaru Impreza (not sti...doubt they would let you take out a sti)
new Mitsubishi Eclipse
Volvo S40 (hopefully)
new Mazda Miata (hopefully)

Renesis said:
Meh. They're all meh.

he was testing a corolla? not a matrix...
the tC is the nicest by far, it is thier coupe...
and it is a GOOD looking car.

are u in your own little world again?

Re: just got back for a test drive

Re: just got back for a test drive

Andrew911tt said:
The Toyota Corolla XRS was suppose to be the fast one but the thing was slooooooow. With the 1.8L 180 horsepower it felt so slow. The inside was very big, a lot of space.

Like I said before: no torque ! ! 180 hp don't matter much if all the power is only available at 7,000 plus rpm.

Like p0w3r said, go test drive the SRT-4 ( if possible ), you'll get boost addiction fast enough. :evil:

SiR_dude said:
Renesis said:
I don't know what's fun in testing crappy cars...

test something fun...

Get a life Ren - not everyone needs a turbo charger or 240hp to enjoy a car...

Sure, if we had 50 grand to spend, we could go test your "fun" cars, but how many people have that kind of money for a decent first car?? Like he said, he's 20 - very few 20 year olds can afford an RX8 :roll:

I'm not talking about BUYING something, but more about TESTING.

And if you're not old enough to test cool stuff (like me for instance) just don't test anything.

I mean I could go test a hyundai accent, a chevrolet cobalt and other crap like that, but I'm not interested!

bahnstormer said:
Renesis said:
Meh. They're all meh.

he was testing a corolla? not a matrix...
the tC is the nicest by far, it is thier coupe...
and it is a GOOD looking car.

are u in your own little world again?

Brain fart there with the typo, but anyway the Matrix XRS has the same engine so comment still stands.

tC is horrible (front end) and the rear is just very bland.

Renesis said:

Hahaha... But you're right...

BUba

I dont know I think the tC looks like alright at least its much better then the god awful xa and xb. Its a shame the new GTi isnt out here I really like the new one. I would give you some suggestions but it depends on what your looking to buy. Speaking of the RX-8 I went to test drive one with my buddy but they wouldnt let us drive instead they had the most incomptent sales man ever drive that car. He couldnt drive stick at all everytime he shifted it felt like I had a heart attack not to mention his downshifts were just ungodly. Worse of all hes was slamming it through traffic on the interstate thought the car was going to get totaled.

Wow, what a shit dealership!

More and more dealers are doing that nowadays, they drive for you, and let you drive afterwards.. that sucks because usually salesmen are jerks who don't know the cars very well, and try to impress you by going fast.. :roll:

i think if i was a cars salesman i'd drive first too...
it must be so boring having ppl come in who only
want to waste your time and test drive cars...it'd
be the fun part of the day ya know?

///M said:
I wish they sold Scions in Canada.

All of them look great.
You sir need your head examined. :lol: The tC isn't too bad, but not great. I have a soft spot for the xB, but the xA is just fugly.