Kat's Peggy Beetle

Loved the seat covers!

Thanks, i went with purple because the accent lights when the dash is lit up are purple and nothing comes in the right shade of yellow. I wish I could have found skull floormats but the only ones I found were like 80$ on zazzle :rolleyes:

I win bitch! Top down!

Bonus: how to make top be back up.

Last edited:
The caterham is I assume, how the fiat will go when it eventually also malfunctions similar because it is a fiat. Maybe I can install a zipper or something....

So people may have noticed in recent beetle pictures the fog lights are um.

Not in good shape. The passanger side especially was rusty but both were bad. Not exactly something worth making someone else fix but has bothered me for YEARS now even though the fog lights in american bugs somewhat uselessly only coming on if the headlights are

So I decided despite it being electrical I'd give that fix a shot

Yikes that's bad lmao

So it took several hours of troubleshooting, 3 bulbs, 4 fuses. BUT

I've mended something!

Yes not only are both fog lights replaced but I installed the European model switch that allows you to actually use them. Hopefully at this rate it will pass inspection for a change ?

Oooo nice! When will the RSI parts arrive?

Me, roughly 4 hours ago: haha somebody has got to wreck an RSI and part it out eventually right.

I mean if anyone sees one junked.... :|

Car-part.com is your friend for that.

Also, a quick Google search shows that several have been parted out on VW forums in recent years, or people are selling RSI parts.

Aren't GTI parts a direct swap?
Some of them probably. Even to the point of it being in the rsi anyway. Like the engine is a vr6 those are not going to be hard to find.

Tbh the major thing I want probably cant even be upgraded but

Sigh

Car-part.com is your friend for that.

Also, a quick Google search shows that several have been parted out on VW forums in recent years, or people are selling RSI parts.
Goodies a thing to go for when I actually have some idea what I am doing.

Some of them probably. Even to the point of it being in the rsi anyway. Like the engine is a vr6 those are not going to be hard to find.

Tbh the major thing I want probably cant even be upgraded but
View attachment 3556523

Sigh

Goodies a thing to go for when I actually have some idea what I am doing.

You probably could, but it would take an incredible amount of work. I can’t imagine a beetle drivetrain being all that different to a golf of the same time frame.

Bookmarking just in case I get a Subaru again and want to LEGO up a car :)

I've used them over the years to find more than a few parts but over the last month I've found myself using them more than I have in several years - first to find some spare 4Runner parts to replace those stolen from a mechanic that was working on them, then to find some replacement factory wheels for my friend's Ford Edge that discovered a curb at speed and now looking for some more 4R parts and some E90 seats for my friend to retrofit to his ovloV 240. Some of the parts listed there were as cheap as the self-service pull-it-yourself yards, and I didn't even have to do anything other than point to what I wanted then say, "I'll take that." Even getting out of state stuff was easy and surprisingly cheap - found and ordered in a new 'beak' for an acquaintance's 07 Acura TSX from out of state. I asked for and got extensive pictures of the part, the deal was agreed to, payment was tendered and a few days later a beak showed up in the mail from Minnesota.

They're an excellent resource for piecing stuff together.

MK4, actually. Though admittedly I thought maybe 2005-2010 was MK5 but i guess it's MK4 too. They jumped from 4 to 6 from 2010-2011.

So yeah mostly would be looking for parts from 1998-2010 beetles, as well as MK4 golf/jetta parts.