Keep an eye on my cat remotely

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So we're leaving for a couple of days to go see the total solar eclipse. woot.

However, we will be leaving our cat behind for that time. We have an automatic pet feeder that works on battery and plugged in. We have a little powered drinking fountain thing full of water.

I'm trying to set up my web cam so that it sits on one of my monitors and points at my recliner and her food (just to make sure she's eating). I want to be able to access this remotely. I tried accessing my computer remotely via microsoft remote desktop and via chrome remote desktop on LTE (T-mobile) and both are no-go. Supposedly t-mobile makes it so you can't access certain ports or whatever.

I was wondering if there was some other alternative I could try so that I could just log into my machine remotely, open the camera app and check to see if the cat is nearby.

Meow.

Your router doesn't have a VPN server capability?

Or could you use a different port for your remote connection (just map that new port on the wan side to the normal port on your computer from the router firewall page).

Second the Teamviewer solution.

Also, do you have a Littermaid or other automated litterbox?

TeamViewer indeed

Even works from an android device...

This is the first thing I thought of upon reading this tbh.

With LP being a scientist, I thought he might want to try an upscaled version of Schr?dinger's cat. Using technology to observe the experiment is kind of creepy though. Is the cat aware that you will be doing this? :p

With LP being a scientist, I thought he might want to try an upscaled version of Schr?dinger's cat. Using technology to observe the experiment is kind of creepy though. Is the cat aware that you will be doing this? :p

Has the cat filled out the consent forms and is adequately explained the process? :p

Disappointed that you still can't get a device that lets you see through the cat's eyes...

Your router doesn't have a VPN server capability?

Or could you use a different port for your remote connection (just map that new port on the wan side to the normal port on your computer from the router firewall page).

It's whatever router Verizon Fios gives you. So I'm not sure. I managed to get vnc working though and I'm using that.

c520b2bffb3819642e272de65b9328ae.jpg

Second the Teamviewer solution.

Not yet, I want to get that one next. It's $100 or so so im debating where to put it. Right now we have a "self cleaning" litter box which you just roll and all the poop goes into a tray that you just pour into a trash bag. We clean that every other day and cleaned it before leaving.

She has signed the catsent forms and purred approvingly. But honesty Schr?dinger's cat is coming true. Every time I vnc in she's not there.

Disappointed that you still can't get a device that lets you see through the cat's eyes...

I Should put a GoPro on my cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk