Ownership Verified: Keep it in the Family -- 1995 Jaguar XJR

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Der Stig;n3552862 said:
I felt like I was channeling you :D

Now I just need to find a place for the X300 XJ12 he has for sale...
Watch yourself, it's a slippery slope. :lol:

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Too many and yet not enough
So in classic Jag tradition, I take it to the shop to fix some niggles (the broken passenger rear interior door handle that IceBone discovered, swapping a black front bumper on, flushing the brake fluid, and doing the update to timing chain tensioner from the parts car). It didn't survive the drive home :lol:

The timing chain tensioner seal gave up the ghost after maintaining errr...autobahn speeds for half an hour on the drive home. So back to the shop she went. Just in time for me to make a trip down to San Marcos for a friend's wedding. I took the fun way there and back on country roads and she was flawless. Got my average fuel economy up to 18.1 MPG! :burnrubber:

Of course, when I got her home she was filthy, so I treated her to a car wash with Nabster , thomas, Crazyjeeper. After eating dinner, she rewarded me by bucking violently when I went for third gear. A restart cleared the problem until I got on the highway, when at 70, the motor would hesitate for a moment. I pulled off immediately and restarted with no further drama...

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Having stolen and joy ridden it, I have to say I'm still completely jealous despite the problems. She may be high maintenance, but worth every penny.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Yup, I still love this silly car.

Got some plans for 2019, namely refreshing suspension (thinking about going with H&R lowering springs, but I’m conflitced as I love the stock ride). Also the wheels are out of round, so I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a set of Asteroids to throw on with some fresh rubber while I get the original monoblocks refinished.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Up until earlier this month my car was lowered, I'd advice against it. It looks cool until you descend into a parking garage and smash up the underside.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
@Nabster and I gave the Jaaag a bath yesterday. Looks way better.

Sadly, she’s taken up smoking a bit and the front suspension needs to be redone. Still casually looking for cooling fan alternatives as mine are making more banshee and grumbling noises.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #2ZZ
Is that other person still selling that XJ12? I wonder how easy it would be to swap the manual into that.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC | 89 POS
I wonder if the cooling system is better than my GTO's...
With the exception of the current condition of the fans, it absolutely is. For starters, the radiator has more surface area than yours even though it's only cooling 4.0L. :p The Jag engineers got tired of all the complaints of crap cooling systems in the early 80s and began overbuilding, something that would last until at least the X308 days.