• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Keep the horizontal scroll JS mod?

Keep the horizontal scroll JS mod?

• Keep it, it's helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove it, it doesn't work on all browsers

• Don't care / no opinion

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Should we keep the mod discussed here: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=7386

Please vote.

I'm leaning towards removing it as it doesn't work for everyone and we can enforce not posting large images and long lines of text.

Well, it's for large images as well, but as I said, that's enforcable.

It's great, I think it's fantastic. Keep It!!

I say keep it, and whoever doesnt want to make use of it can block it, iirc viper said in the other thread that can be done.

Kill it - makes threads jump around after loading, slows loading time and causes a lag when scrolling down a page quickly. We can just enforce the picture width rule. I'll admit it is neat, but that doesn't save it for me.

Thanks for trying it though Viper.

I think it's a rather good mod. I'd like to see it stay. The h-scroll can't be easily enforced. There aren't enough mods around here to check all the threads. So we're stuck with the willingness of the original poster to resize it.

Sure, it slows down the page load but so do animated gifs. And I've seen nobody complaining about them.

fbc said:
Kill it - makes threads jump around after loading, slows loading time and causes a lag when scrolling down a page quickly. We can just enforce the picture width rule. I'll admit it is neat, but that doesn't save it for me.

Thanks for trying it though Viper.

I must say, I haven't noticed those bugs fbc. :|

^ Others are noticing it though - check out the original thread in Viper's first post

swek said:
Sure, it slows down the page load but so do animated gifs. And I've seen nobody complaining about them.
Not hijacking the thread, just on a side note, complain x2. :) (Hence why I have most of them blocked)

pdanev said:
swek said:
Not hijacking the thread, just on a side note, complain x2. :) (Hence why I have most of them blocked)

x 3 (about the animated gifs)

Yeah, it should be canned if it's slowing down the pages for others.

:lol: I just voted keep it but i'v changed my mind since 2-seconds ago when there was this new lag from when hit the "Submit vote" button. Im also pretty sure that when you submit a post, there is this same lag as well. Otherwise it works fine and I support its use but still...I want things to INSTANTLY happen - No lag!

Thanks tho Viper
fbc said:
pdanev said:
swek said:

x 3 (about the animated gifs)
X4 - IMHO, I think there should be a file-size limit of users avatar + sig. Maybe 300KB max. Thats more than enough.
As I said in another thread today, my avatar + sig (as big as they are) still only total 33.2KB, where-as some of those animated GIFS are over 500KB.
We should be thinking of those on slower connections cos it can sometimes take ages to load ;)

I finally managed to make it work in Opera and I don't see that much difference in speed. On the other hand, from what I've read in the other thread I get the impression that it's causing more trouble than benefits to most people, so I say, yeah, ditch it.

Another point to consider is people might start relying on the mod to do the pic resizing for them, so a thread with lots of images could become unbearable.

Don't let people get away with being lazy Viper :p