Keyboard Phone Recommendation?

My HTC Sensation takes brilliant photos.

Well, that's true.. I'd though they'd have developed text scanner or something like that. Though, these days, mobile phones are very consumer-centric.

Phones that do OCR already exist. My Samusng Omnia i900/910 certainly does and it has a 5 megapixel camera.

You'd be a lot easier to please if you weren't hung up on getting a physical keyboard. They are obsolete now and all the best phones don't have them.

Respectfully, I disagree. A physical keyboard provides tactility that one simply cannot get from a on screen keyboard. It allows you to devote the screen entirely to viewing content, and also makes playing games (Especially emulated) easier.

While I can use a on screen keyboard, I prefer a hardware keyboard for what I posted above. Yes, the pool of devices is small, but there's plenty of power users who want high end hardware qwerty devices.

The Droid 4 is most certainly a high end device with specs that are easily late 2011/early 2012 worthy. The keyboard is also deemed excellent.

I guess you are right, if we ignore the keyboard, is there a really good business phone that takes good pictures?

iPhone 4S, Galaxy S II, Nokia N8 are the smartphone camera's to beat.

If you want a high end Android QWERTY, Milestone 4 will (Likely, unless someone shocks people at MWC next week...) be the one to look for. Is it perfect? Not with the non removable battery, and slightly dodgy (I never noticed a issue on the D3 that uses a similar screen) but still a powerful choice. The Sony Xperia Pro is also a great choice if you want to go that route with a decent camera and Sony's timely upgrade commitments to ICS on the way. (there's beta versions of their build available for anyone to download, pretty cool IMO)

Last edited:
If you want a high end Android QWERTY, Milestone 4 will (Likely, unless someone shocks people at MWC next week...) be the one to look for. Is it perfect? Not with the non removable battery, and slightly dodgy (I never noticed a issue on the D3 that uses a similar screen) but still a powerful choice. The Sony Xperia Pro is also a great choice if you want to go that route with a decent camera and Sony's timely upgrade commitments to ICS on the way. (there's beta versions of their build available for anyone to download, pretty cool IMO)

Isn't the milestone 4 the same as the droid 4? The screen seems to be the weak point.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-motorola-droid-4-on-verizon-written-review-with-video-20120225,0,1869239.story

Same thing, different name for different locales, I guess?

The Sony Xperia Pro is also a great choice if you want to go that route with a decent camera and Sony's timely upgrade commitments to ICS on the way. (there's beta versions of their build available for anyone to download, pretty cool IMO)

The Sony seems like the best option at the moment, looks good too! Any news on when the phones will just be labelled Sony instead of Sony Ericsson?

sony-ericsson-xperia-pro.jpg

There have already been pictures released of "Sony" branded phones, so it shouldn't be long.

All the phones from yesterday don't matter any more- MWC 2012 is here. :D

I really, really like the styling of the new Sony phones. In fact, I may well pick up an Xperia S.

Last edited:
So far... Only the Asha lineup from Nokia has a physical keyboard. Disappointing.

Have they presented any phones that might interest the participants of this thread at the Mobile World Congress?

None that have a physical keyboard.

My mum's E71 is finally on the way out (to be fair, it did get dunked in boiling water a few months ago). Turns out her carrier doesn't even sell phones with physical keyboards anymore. She is just giving up and getting an iPhone :lol:

I at least had principle and got a Nokia Lumia 900 :p

My mum's E71 is finally on the way out (to be fair, it did get dunked in boiling water a few months ago). Turns out her carrier doesn't even sell phones with physical keyboards anymore. She is just giving up and getting an iPhone :lol:

Mobicity.com.au - the place to go for phones that work on your carriers network, but aren't sold by your carrier.

Last edited:
Mobicity.com.au - the place to go for phones that work on your carriers network, but aren't sold by your carrier.

We are talking about my parents- too "lazy" for stuff like that and also very suss of buying from sites like that. Here, "lazy" means not wanting to take the extra time and energy on a "risk" like that. Hence why I'm not even trying to convince mum away from the current plan- that and it should be easy to teach even her about the iPhone!!! :lol:

Well, not yet. But it's on pre-order and gonna get it end of April.

I was expecting/hoping for at least ONE keyboard phone to be revealed at MWC2012. But nope. So, I guess, might as well stick to Nokia for their excellent Drive app, anyway. Not to mention WP being so beautiful. Hopefully, the bigger screen will be easier to type in compared to the Lumia 800 that I tried in Singapore.