Kill a Car Brand: Game 1

Kill a Car Brand: Game 1

• Total voters

Walsh_e

Righty a game shamelessly stolen from Gareth Jones on Speed, you have to pick one car brand to remove from history, everything they did would be taken away! We're going to start off with a tough on as well, which would you get rid of? Porsche or Ferrari?

Porsche
porsche_logo_6.jpg
Formed in 1931 by Ferdinand Porsche they have become one of the most famous and prestigious car manufacturers in the world, producing the iconic 911 for over 40 years as well as legendary cars such as the 928 and the

225px-Porsche_964_Turbo.jpg

800px-Porsche_Carrera_GT_-_Goodwood_Breakfast_Club_%28July_2008%29.jpg

Porsche have also become one of the most successful manufacturers when it comes to racing, dominating Le Mans and other sports car events for over two decades, today they are the largest manufacturer of racing cars in the world producing 100's of race models every year.

800px-Porsche_908_Langheck_am_1981-08-15.jpg

Porsche956WBrun19850802.jpg

Ferrari
Ferrari_logo_2.jpg

Formed by Enzo Ferrari in 1929 as a racing company Ferrari began to build road cars from 1947 as a way to fund the racing team. Like Porsche Ferrari are one of the biggest and most prestigious manufacturers of sports cars in the world, making some of the greatest performance cars of all time such as the F40, Enzo, 228 GTO, F355 and F430 as well as some memorable GT cars.

800px-RedEnzo.jpg

800px-Ferrari_275_GTS_-_front_right_1_%28Argyle_Place%2C_Carlton%2C_VIC%2C_Australia%2C_3_March_2007%29.JPG

Like Porsche Ferrari also have a great racing tradition and have been involved in Formula One since 1950 winning 15 Drivers/Constructors titles and over 200 races. Ferrari has had some success in sports car racing although they have not fielded a factory team in these events since 1973.

Michael_Schumacher_Ferrari_2004.jpg

Ferrari-330p3-2.jpg

So there is a very brief overview of each company, so now you have to decide, if you were going to get rid of one of them, which would it be?

Last edited:
Make a third option - "Kill this stupid thread"

Wow. I never knew Ferrari made a F420. :eek:

:thumbsup: I participated in a useless poll! :thumbsup:

Can't do it. I love both marques - for different reasons. I mean, a 911 might not have the flair of most of the Ferraris, but my god I certainly snap one up if I had the money / oppertunity, 'common' as they are. Oh, and old 911 Turbos are teh sex! <3

Wait...what?

Ferrari hasn't done as much in history to push the limits of car design (they always waited till someone else figured it out that used it).

I vote Ferrari, even though this is a stupid idea for a thread.

^ Agree 100%

Plus modern Ferraris just don't do it for me.

For the Melbourne posters, would you rather drive a Ferrari or a Porsche down Chapel St?

For other posters, what is the most posh street ot the street to be seen in?

^Ferrari, and that's why I choose to get rid of Ferrari.