Kill the arcade?

Kill the arcade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only way for arcade to survive is to change games regularly. And that's not going to happen. Clearing highscores kills the purpose of having a highscore altogether. I, for one, will not spend 2h beating some stupid record knowing it'll be cleared soon (also, we had that discussion when arcade was introduced). Some one might, dunno if that's something to be proud of and having an icon for that next to username.

I could care less if it was removed... it was fun when it was new but the concept got old and so did the games.

I think the Google Maps thing was cooler than the arcade, too bad it didn't work out.

[...]Clearing highscores kills the purpose of having a highscore altogether. I, for one, will not spend 2h beating some stupid record knowing it'll be cleared soon[...]
... so it?s more of a lifetime achievement for you ... want that golden Trophy on your Tombstone?

http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/8621/tombstonezc0.jpg

:mrgreen:

^ :lol:

MXM was who I spent the most time challenging in Aski and 5 Card Draw :D

Hell yeah! But I want complete list.
... :blink:then we?ll need to get you one of these to get them all on it
Washington_Monument_Dusk_Jan_2006.jpg

Back to topic ... don?t you think like a limited time would be enough? Like half a Year or a Year? There is a World Champion in every Sport for a Year until the next round is finished ... wouldn?t that be reasonable?

To be honest I just like the trophy next to my name, its a little bit of individuality. The ladies have pink names, I have my trophy.

Only keep it if you can sort the High Scores out. I am top of the leaderboard in Hexxagon but MXM gets the trophy, it's mine damn it :p.

Back to topic ... don?t you think like a limited time would be enough? Like half a Year or a Year? There is a World Champion in every Sport for a Year until the next round is finished ... wouldn?t that be reasonable?

There's only one world record, and it's not reseted every year... Also, arcade games aren't exactly professional sport...

Keep it, it's only navbar space and it's fun to play the odd game between classes.

Besides, I'm proud of my trophy, because I'm a deity at that game.

There may be a way to keep the trophies, but clear out regular scores.. will check into that later.

No! My Disc Dash high score has stood for nearly a year, and it's the only thing that keeps me from jumping off my neighbor's roof.*

*my neighbor lives in a below-ground house...

I deleted my record score. I would have kept it, if the game wasn't so lame.

I can add more games.

Yea if my trophy goes away my life will become meaningless.