Killing Your Heart with Punisher Bass (56k go order pizza)

^Hello, Barbecue sauce has tomatoes :p

holy sweet jesus you can cook. ive just gone through all 10 pages and am so hungry i can feel my stomach sucking up on my spine.

im off to walk to the nearest resturaunt.

One of my favorite on-the-go breakfast snackies, although with my tastes they're good any time of the day.

Scottish Eggs!

http://img301.imageshack.**/img301/8792/1001899galleryimage.jpg

1 lb ground sausage
5 hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg
Salt & freshly ground pepper
Some dry breadcrumbs and flour
1 tbsp water

Break the shells off the hardboiled eggs and dust them in a little flour. Mix the salt and pepper with the sausage meat and divide into five equal portions. Place on a floured surface. Wrap the sausage meat round the egg, making sure there are no gaps. Whisk the raw egg and water together and coat the meat-covered egg with this and then breadcrumbs (you may have to press the crumbs onto the meat). Deep fry in hot oil at 360F. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. They can also be pan fried in oil, just turn frequently to ensure the meat's fully cooked. Drain and serve hot, or they can be chilled in the fridge for a cold snack later.

Last edited:
Ok here we go. No pictures this time as there's literally nothing to take pictures of. BBQ Pulled Chicken.

Hardware.
A good sized crock pot with lid.
1 Sharp knife.
1 Large spoon.

Software.
Around 3lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
1 LARGE bottle of BBQ sauce. Whatever brand gets you hard, I'm sticking with KC Masterpiece here.
Liquid smoke.
Brown sugar.
Salt.
Pepper.
Onion powder.
Hamburger buns.

Start by rinsing off and then padding dry the chicken. Then slice the breast in half length wise so you end up with thin wide fillets. Turn the crock pot to high and pour the sauce. Add 2 table spoons of brown sugar and a couple shakes of the liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix it up and throw the chicken in. If it's not mostly covered by the sauce, add some more in. Cover and let it cook for the next 5 hours.

When time is up just pull the chicken out and put it on a plate. Take a couple forks and pull it apart, which should be very easy. Once all the chicken has been taken care of, return it to the sauce and stir it up. Scoop some out onto a hamburger bun and serve with a side of chips or fries and a nice cold beer.

I'll post a picture of the end result later when this batch is done.

At how high of a heat are you cooking this chicken? I wanna try it, but I don't wanna burn it to a crisp.

One of my favorite on-the-go breakfast snackies, although with my tastes they're good any time of the day.

Scottish Eggs!

http://img301.imageshack.**/img301/8792/1001899galleryimage.jpg

1 lb ground sausage
5 hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg
Salt & freshly ground pepper
Some dry breadcrumbs and flour
1 tbsp water

Break the shells off the hardboiled eggs and dust them in a little flour. Mix the salt and pepper with the sausage meat and divide into five equal portions. Place on a floured surface. Wrap the sausage meat round the egg, making sure there are no gaps. Whisk the raw egg and water together and coat the meat-covered egg with this and then breadcrumbs (you may have to press the crumbs onto the meat). Deep fry in hot oil at 360F. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. They can also be pan fried in oil, just turn frequently to ensure the meat's fully cooked. Drain and serve hot, or they can be chilled in the fridge for a cold snack later.

Uh, I think you put that in the wrong thread. I believe you meant for it to go here http://forums.finalgear.com/food/food-the-thread-that-started-this-section-7381/

At how high of a heat are you cooking this chicken? I wanna try it, but I don't wanna burn it to a crisp.

Crock pots typically only come with two settings, Low and High. Just set it to high and leave it covered, no worries about anything burning or sticking.

Last edited:

You can try to simulate crock pot cooking by using the au bain-marie technique of hanging a pan inside a larger pan with near-boiling water.

You can try to simulate crock pot cooking by using the au bain-marie technique of hanging a pan inside a larger pan with near-boiling water.

That seems like a colossal pain in the ass compared to a crock pot, but I guess if you don't have access to a crock pot that's your only option. Interesting concept. :cool:

Ah yes, I've used a double boiler for chocolate before, I just couldn't imagine making something as large as BBQ chicken in one. Interesting technique, I may have to give it a try just to see how it goes.

Just use a crock pot and save yourself a whole lot of time and bullshit. While I'm a fan of improvisation, this is a case where you're better off using the intended gear and not some other strange setup.

Here's a surprise totally unplanned entry. It's currently about 5 in the morning, I can't sleep, and I'm hungry. I have food in the house, but somehow I'm missing one key ingredient for several things I could throw together quickly to eat. So since I'm awake at this ungodly hour and I refuse to wait till the stores open and take the cheaters way out by buying breakfast, I'm going to make some.

And since the batteries in my camera are charged, why not throw together a special entry for you.

Since I'm lacking a few things, this is going to be a quick single item breakfast... pancakes. Or as I will call them "Ass Crack Of Dawn Cakes".

Pancakes_1.jpg

Hardware.
1 Cast iron skillet.
1 Large bowl.
Spatula.
1 Large Spoon.
1 1 Cup measuring cup.
1 1/2 Cup measuring cup.

Pancakes_2.jpg

Software.
I'm cheating here and using Bisquick like I did with the waffles.
Milk.
2 Eggs.
Sugar.
Vanilla flavoring.

Mix two cups of Bisquick, 1 cup of milk, both eggs, 1 tsp or so of the vanilla, and 1 tbs of sugar. Mix well and make sure there are no big lumps, small ones will cook out.

Pancakes_3.jpg

Put the skillet on medium heat and let it get nice and not. Spread a little butter or cooking oil on it. Take the 1/4th cup and pour some on. Cook time will vary by stove and pan, but normally it's between 1-2 minutes. When you see air bubbles forming, it's time to flip.

Pancakes_4.jpg

Pancakes_5.jpg

Pancakes_7.jpg

Pancakes_8.jpg

When you're out of batter, you're done. Spread them with some butter and cover in syrup, or fruit and whip cream or whatever. Enjoy.

Pancakes_9.jpg

Nice to see someone take care of their cast iron properly. Too many people never wash their skillets, just wipe them down and grease them because they think they shouldn't wash it. You could never make pancakes on a skillet like that, plus you'd probably get food poisoning from all the rancid pig fat marinating in the pores of the cast iron.

Nice to see someone take care of their cast iron properly. Too many people never wash their skillets, just wipe them down and grease them because they think they shouldn't wash it. You could never make pancakes on a skillet like that, plus you'd probably get food poisoning from all the rancid pig fat marinating in the pores of the cast iron.

This is why I have cast iron pans and whatnot that are several generations old, they were taken care of and I was taught how to maintain them properly.

This is why I have cast iron pans and whatnot that are several generations old, they were taken care of and I was taught how to maintain them properly.

So what you're saying is... while the rest of the boys were in shop class you were in Home Economics? :lol:

Man with knife in hand >>>>> Man with hammer in hand.

Sorry guys, but skill in the kitchen is just so much more manly than skill in the workshop. Have you ever gotten pussy because you could build a bookshelf quickly? My classic roast chicken on the other hand.....

Yeah I took home ec, and I'm not ashamed of it. So while I can't rebuild a small block chevy with my eyes closed, I'm still handy in the kitchen and under the hood of a car.

hey Pun; tried out your pulled chicken experiment with a few of my own twists, then got lazy and impatient (read: it was getting late and my parents were damn hungry) so here's how it came out:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/serajadeyn/2009/07/12/pulledchikina.jpg

(had some Mustard potato salad and served on some dixie plates for that outdoor BBQ experience!)