Killing Your Heart with Punisher Bass (56k go order pizza)

I was given an electric griddle for christmas, it's made cooking breakfast a good deal easier, and I'll be able to use it for some new recipes like french toast. I've also been working on a roasted chicken recipe, but it's not ready just yet, I'm still tweaking the spice mixture, it should be ready soon.

I was given an electric griddle for christmas, it's made cooking breakfast a good deal easier, and I'll be able to use it for some new recipes like french toast. I've also been working on a roasted chicken recipe, but it's not ready just yet, I'm still tweaking the spice mixture, it should be ready soon.

Looking forward to it, i read this thread now and then just to get inspiration and i must say that you do a really good job!

Wow, has it really been this long since I did an update?

Since there's another LeMons coming up in a month and we will have electricity in the pits, I'm going to take another crack at doing a trackside edition of Killing Your Heart. If everything goes smoothly, I might be able to do some things you haven't seen from me before vs a repeat like burgers.

Well I did bring my griddle all the way to South Carolina, but I had some... issues which kept me very preoccupied during the race. Maybe I can finally get something together next year.

I was going to do an entry on my bacon spaghetti tonight, but it's been so long since I made it, I forgot to buy enough tomato paste for it. I will correct this mistake tomorrow and should hopefully have it up sometime tomorrow night.

At long last, the first update in over a year, I bring you a recipe my grandma created for my dad, bacon spaghetti. Do note that this is for a TRIPLE batch of sauce, if you want to make less simply take away 1 can of sauce and paste along with a package of bacon. This is very easy and cheap to make which is why I make a triple batch.

Hardware.

BS_1.JPG

2 Large pots, one with a lid the other for boiling the pasta.
1 Large spoon.
1 Colander.

Software.

BS_2.JPG

3 Large cans of tomato sauce.
3 Large cans of tomato paste.
3 packages of bacon.
Sugar.
Onion and Garlic powder.
Salt.
Pepper.
Chilli powder.
Spaghetti noodles.

Start by frying up the bacon by any method you want. Use a pan, microwave, iron, whatever, but be sure to save some of the grease, you will need it later. Once all your bacon is done set it aside and start heating up one of the large pots on medium. Pour in all three cans of sauce and paste, add a table spoon or so of sugar (this is to help cut the acid), and sprinkle in some of the remaining spices. Be sure to go easy on the chilli powder, a little goes a long way. Take the bacon and chop it up into little bits or just crumble it in your hands if you're feeling lazy, once that's done mix it into the sauce. This is also where you want to add a little bit of the bacon grease, it will help with the flavor.

BS_3.JPG

Give the pot a stir every 2-3 minutes and remember to scrape the bottom of the pot so nothing sticks, if that happens then reduce the heat. Eventually the sauce will begin to bubble, that means it's time to reduce heat to low or medium low and put the lid on. Let it simmer for the next 20 minutes while stirring it every few minutes.

If you need instructions on how to boil noodles, then you're beyond my help.

And that's it, serve with garlic bread and enjoy.

BS_4.JPG

I have another recipe for spaghetti I might bust out sometime if this isn't to your liking.

Personally I'm not a fan of using both chopped tomatoes AND pur?e. Makes it too tomato'y.

In authentic Italian cooking you never use both at the same time.

I should make some Arrabbiata and try to perfect the recipe, it's delicious.

Here's another new breakfast entry, this time it's french toast.

Hardware.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/11/20/FT1.JPG

You need a good sized skillet or griddle.
A spatula.
1 Large bowl.

Software.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/11/20/FT2.JPG

Bread. Use whatever kind you like, this is a great way to get rid of stale bread.
Eggs. Normally 1 egg will provide enough batter for 2 slices of bread.
Cinnamon.
Brown Sugar.
Nutmeg.

Start by heating up your skillet/griddle to medium to medium high heat. Then in the bowl add however many eggs you will need and in a few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg along with a small spoonful of the brown sugar. You can also add a bit of milk here if you like. Once that's done beat it like a redheaded stepchild.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/11/20/FT3.JPG

If you're wondering why my griddle looks a bit dirty here, it's because I had just cooked some bacon on it. While a little bacon grease can be good for cooking scrambled eggs in, I don't recommend it here. I prefer to use a little bit of butter to help keep things from sticking. Anyway, all you have to do now is dip the bread into the egg batter and lay it on the griddle. Give it a few minutes to cook, flip it over and let it cook for a few more minutes and you're done. Serve with syrup and/or powdered sugar, whip cream, fruit topping or whatever you like.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/11/20/FT4.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/11/20/FT5.JPG

I just found this Youtube channel and I feel it's related somehow.

I think it's about time I get a new recipe up here, expect pulled pork in the near future.

Hmmmmm.....makes me wanna do it again.

<3

I was going to do an entry on my bacon spaghetti tonight, but it's been so long since I made it, I forgot to buy enough tomato paste for it. I will correct this mistake tomorrow and should hopefully have it up sometime tomorrow night.

Bumpage of an old post for something I saw at Krogers and had to buy:

8072366865_0f545ff3a9_c.jpg

It's....it's beautiful!

Looks tasty.