kinda 3d photographs

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
does anyone have pictures they took where like 2 parts of a picture are very focused upon and are very clear. e.g. beach where the beach and the moutain is foucsed upon and the picutre looks alive and 3d. i think it is done by a low apiture (sp) and low shutter speed. i donno thats why i am asking. thx

jason

Do you have 3d glasses? Red and Green glass? I had a subscription of a Dinosaur mag when I was little and it had those 3d pictures in it, really cool.

I believe the way they work on the net is by alternating the pictures in the same location. This is done by taking two pictures with the same focal point except shooting the second one a few steps to the right for example. This is how I used to do it anyway. It's also the way stereo glasses work for PC games and apps.

yeha yeah focal points some thing like that please show me some photos i think i will recognise them. its like my fave type of photo

Jostyrostelli said:
I had a subscription of a Dinosaur mag when I was little and it had those 3d pictures in it, really cool.

Who didn't??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Those were the days... I love pics like the ones jasonchiu is serching... GIMME GIMME GIMME!
I guess he means those for which you don't need glasses. You just focus on a specific spot in the pic, rotate it a bit and then suddenly it works!
Buba

Buba said:
I guess he means those for which you don't need glasses. You just focus on a specific spot in the pic, rotate it a bit and then suddenly it works!
Buba

Those were nice and they had the tawdriest motives, such as dolphins in frot of the sunset. :lol:

Ok, ok - here are some, presuming these are the same anyway - get ready to jiggle:

http://www.well.com/user/jimg/stereo/Siegfried_Salutes_the_Sun.gif
Flippant_Venus_Plunge.gif

http://www.well.com/user/jimg/stereo/Moist_and_Dry_1.gif
Tall_Tales_Tulle_Tail.gif

WhoIsShe_WhereIsThis.gif

Nancy_and_Landon%27s_Hearth.gif

Old_Stone_Gate.gif

Hulas_Ark.gif

Pepe_captain.gif

http://www.burningmanopera.org/2002/Harold_ark.gif
Marije_Ark.gif

Marije_mast.gif

Ark_tour.gif

Dragonfly_canvas.gif

Grady_bicycle.gif

Jen_whip.gif

Smith_family.gif

Are these what you were after?

Currently listening to: The Debt Collector - Blue - Parklife (1994)

EDIT BY ESPNSTI : Turned the nudies into URLs

Bah, lol, I turned the URL's into IMG tags before I read what ESPNSTI did. :lol:

Anyway, that's fucking awesome!!! :thumbsup:

I'm so gonna have to try that...

Viper007Bond said:
Bah, lol, I turned the URL's into IMG tags before I read what ESPNSTI did. :lol:
:lol:

Yah it's cool.
Every once in a while I play some games (mostly FPS) in Stereo3D mode.

Viper007Bond said:

Anyway, that's fucking awesome!!! :thumbsup:

I'm so gonna have to try that...

I was about to fix them too :lol:

ESPNSTI said:
What's Stereo3D?

Viper007Bond said:
ESPNSTI said:
What's Stereo3D?
It's stereoscopic viewing (basically, you see things in 3D like in the movie theatres).
Basically there are two "main" types of 3D viewing:

Analglyph : You need a set of glasses with a red and a blue lens, and the graphics card will display two frames offset horizontally (one kind of blue, the other kind of red), you probably have seen things like that before.

Page-Flipping (this is what I have)
This requires a special set of glasses that is hooked up to your monitor cable.
The graphics card alternates frames for your left eye with frames for your right eye.
When the frame for the left eye is displayed, the "shutter glasses" will block your right eye, and then when the frame for the right eye is displayed, the "shutter glasses" (See http://www.stereo3d.com/shutter.htm) will block the frame for the left eye.
It does this basically at the refresh rate of the monitor (this doesn't work for LCD obviously).

Neither method is without problems, you'll encounter things like bleed-over from the left eye into the right eye, and vice versa, but still very cool.

I hope that in another 5-10 years or so they'll have better solutions, and I hope that it becomes popular.

andyhui01 said:
are they two seperate images that are photoshopped together?
Appears to me they're two separate photos (probably taken with a 3D camera) that are put in a GIF animation (the same thing is used for smilies).

Yeah those pics are cool, but I guess not what Jasonchiu wanted ;-)
Those pics seem to be 3D because of paralax movements. They even seem 3d if you look at it only with one eye...

Still impressive... I had such thing in my physiology lessons last week...

Buba

ESPNSTI said:
Viper007Bond said:
ESPNSTI said:
What's Stereo3D?
It's stereoscopic viewing (basically, you see things in 3D like in the movie theatres).
Basically there are two "main" types of 3D viewing:

Analglyph : You need a set of glasses with a red and a blue lens, and the graphics card will display two frames offset horizontally (one kind of blue, the other kind of red), you probably have seen things like that before.

Page-Flipping (this is what I have)
This requires a special set of glasses that is hooked up to your monitor cable.
The graphics card alternates frames for your left eye with frames for your right eye.
When the frame for the left eye is displayed, the "shutter glasses" will block your right eye, and then when the frame for the right eye is displayed, the "shutter glasses" (See http://www.stereo3d.com/shutter.htm) will block the frame for the left eye.
It does this basically at the refresh rate of the monitor (this doesn't work for LCD obviously).

Neither method is without problems, you'll encounter things like bleed-over from the left eye into the right eye, and vice versa, but still very cool.

I hope that in another 5-10 years or so they'll have better solutions, and I hope that it becomes popular.
How much did that run and it only works with games that support it, right?

Viper007Bond said:
How much did that run and it only works with games that support it, right?
Pretty much works with every 3D game (except spite based ones, like the original Doom).
The glasses came with my GFX card at the time, but I think they cost about $50 or so.
Thing of it is, is that ATI doesn't have good support for it (from what I hear), whereas NVidia does.
Also it only works on CRTs, so if you have LCD, you're SOL.

Yea, I have a set of stereo glasses too - I really like em, though I don't use em as much these days. I always had problems with the 2D crosshairs.

On the nudist pics not - oh come on man! this is art! geez!!

Damn Americans! :p

Currently listening to: Never Is A Promise - Fiona Apple - Tidal (1996)