Kinect or PS Move?

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Looking to purchase something like these because we enjoy the dancing type games.

Kinect looks really impressive, mapping out the whole body to the moves on the screen and even in some games putting you inside the actual game, on screen.

However I know for Kinect to work well you need good floor space and a fairly bland background. 2 things I think we might struggle on. I would say theres only about 2m distance between the TV and the sofa and the sofa is red against a cream wall. Just not sure if its going to work as well as I might like.

I hear PS move needs less space and is less dependant on whats going on in the background. So that might be the best bet.

What say finalgear?

Move works 1 to 1 and is technically fantastic... there are no games outside of Sports Champions, maybe Tumble.

I have the Move and I am happy with it.
"The fight: Lights out" is enjoyable and there is also Killzone 3 (which is GREAT with the Move) and Tumble, whose demo I liked a lot.

As for space constraints, Nyko has come out with what is essentially a set of glasses for the Kinect, allowing users to be much closer.

wasd_mousepad-p144485953438302584trak_400.jpg
:p

I've got a move (but not Kinnect) and personally I find it pretty crap to be honest - maybe it's the room but it doesn't seem very accurate to me at all

Kinect is the more awesome, especially since Msoft has released an SDK for it so you can make your own uses for it.

We have Kinect and enjoy it - wife likes Dance Central, from the makers of Rock Band. We also use it to video chat with our parents who use MSN Messenger. The voice commands you can do with video playback are also handy if you arent near the remote!