Knight Rider Movie

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

Currently planed for 2008.

How do they plan to update this 80's hit TV show to today? The iconic Pontiac is not really an option, it just would look dated and silly today, the puffy hair and spray-on jeans are not really an option for cosuming (guess that means Clarkson is out as Michael Knight).

I think they will probably try to do something with a new Pontiac, maybe one we have not seen yet. What other modern cars have what it takes to be the next KITT?

Let the guy who did Miami Vice do it... That was THE best film since Batman Begins, IMO... F430 :drool:

I'd like the new Knight Rider to be a LP640... I know thats not gonna happen, but it would be nice...

DU NU NA NAAAAAA.........DUU NU NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........DU NU NU NA NAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

^ Don't quite get you... Scanner noise?? REALLY nice sig, though...

Yeah, sorry I make that completly with "Da" and "Doh" sounds and not with "Naa" ones ;-) Where are you from?

Still, LP640 anyone? They could put the Hoff in it and it would still be the best movie EVARR!

Nah, the LP640 is too good a car for the Knight Rider movie.

I say use the original KITT, but some of the electrics might not work as well, and the engine might not start first time.

They'll probably make a Pontiac Firebird version of the Camaro when that comes out, and hey! Product placement for t3h w1Nn!!!1!11

Case in point, Transformers: Bumblebee is a new Camaro, Jazz is a Pontiac Solstice, Ironhide is a GMC TopKick, Barricade is a Shelby Mustang...

Maybe KITT should be environmentally friendly.

A talking Prius anyone?

^^ Dear, God, no.

If they want to stick with a Pontiac, they'll probably have to use the GTO. I don't think the Solstice would work as KITT (the sky would do better, but on the same token, would require a V8 )

Just an update. Orlando Bloom has turned down the part.
I don't see why "The Hoff" can't do it. That would definantly have ,e goin seein it, even just for a laugh.

Buba said:
Yeah, sorry I make that completly with "Da" and "Doh" sounds and not with "Naa" ones ;-) Where are you from?

Still, LP640 anyone? They could put the Hoff in it and it would still be the best movie EVARR!

it will break, catch fire, many people will die :)

As long as its just the Hoff... :whistle:

yeah right......with that amount of alcohol in his blood he will explode........:D

They should use a Corvette Z06. Follow me here:

Corvette = leaf springs

Leaf springs = getting "hoffed"

"hoffed" = David Hasselhoff

David Hasselhoff = Knight Rider!

jayhawk said:
They should use a Corvette Z06. Follow me here:

Corvette = leaf springs

Leaf springs = getting "hoffed"

"hoffed" = David Hasselhoff

David Hasselhoff = Knight Rider!

All within 4 degrees of seperation, too! I like your logic.

new Pontiac Firebird is a must. but for gods sake, i hope that they get rid of those poorly masqueraded "turbo boost "ramps that were poisoning the original series.. :lol:

Leonidae said:
new Pontiac Firebird is a must. but for gods sake, i hope that they get rid of those poorly masqueraded "turbo boost "ramps that were poisoning the original series.. :lol:
They were one of the best bits, almost as good as the 300mph top speed.

Supposedly the Hoff will be back as Michael Knight but the main star will be Michael Knights son.