?koda Joyster Concept

vRS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
1,960
Location
Stirling, Scotland
Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
2060929.007.1L.jpg

2060929.007.mini6L.jpg

2060929.007.mini13L.jpg

Skoda at Paris Motor Show

?koda Auto's new concept car ? the ?koda Joyster - is having a world premiere at the Paris International Motor Show. Shaped very dynamically, this leisure-time three-door front-wheel-drive compact vehicle is mainly targeted at young people. On top of its fresh-looking design, the vehicle offers a high degree of comfort and smart modern communication solutions. The Joyster concept demonstrates the big creative potential of the company's young designers led by Jens Manske. The team indeed creates new, simple and sophisticated solutions in the spirit of the company's advertising slogan ?Simply Clever?.

More here -
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2060929.007/skoda/skoda-at-paris-motor-show
 

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
4,376
Location
Denver, CO
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
I like that; looks sporty, and that shift boot looks like its made from under armour.
 

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
23,538
Location
Utah
Car(s)
-101
I'm not too wild about the multi display to be honest. There's a few details that are a bit on the funky side for me, but overall it's a pretty good looking car.
 

TC

aka TomCat
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,433
Looks great! Not too sure about the blacked out sections above the headlights, but the car looks really sporty. :thumbsup:

Is Skoda owned by VW?
 

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
18,173
Location
Brooklyn
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
^ Yep. And I think those blacked-out bits are headlights as well. (Driving lights, with turn signals underneath)

Looks great, kinda like a shoe but that's not a bad thing in this case. That LCD screen looks like a tacky afterthought, though. And the instruments look bad as well. Overall it's pretty cool, though. 8)
 

vRS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
1,960
Location
Stirling, Scotland
Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
I really like it, apart from the giant sat-nav screen. The rear seats are interesting, two come out of the tailgate. The interior is very nice and sporty.
 

Jay

the fool on the hill
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,278
Location
Aurora, IL
Arent the word "Skoda" and "Joyster" a contradiction in terms?
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Cool design with the bulging wheel arches and that nice rear end. I think it could lose the LCD screen because it looks random and out of place.
 

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
6,003
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
That's a really funky design! I love it! Some nice lines in it, the interior looks sharp.
 

pfrocker

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,439
Location
San Francisco, California, USA
ya I like the design, cool rear lights too
 

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
17,507
Location
The banana republic of Ukania
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
I think it will not look so good in less striking colours. Probably better as a SEAT in bright colours.

Skoda - budget motring from VW
SEAT - Funky, young and sporty motoring from VW
VW - Sober, quality and expensive (for what they are - see Skoda) motoring from VW
Audi - Premium brand from VW. And I like it alot.
 

pfrocker

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,439
Location
San Francisco, California, USA
Cobol74 said:
I think it will not look so good in less striking colours. Probably better as a SEAT in bright colours.

Skoda - budget motring from VW
SEAT - Funky, young and sporty motoring from VW
VW - Sober, quality and expensive (for what they are - see Skoda) motoring from VW
Audi - Premium brand from VW.
don't forget Lamborghini and Bugatti
 

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
17,507
Location
The banana republic of Ukania
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
pfrocker said:
Cobol74 said:
I think it will not look so good in less striking colours. Probably better as a SEAT in bright colours.

Skoda - budget motring from VW
SEAT - Funky, young and sporty motoring from VW
VW - Sober, quality and expensive (for what they are - see Skoda) motoring from VW
Audi - Premium brand from VW.
don't forget Lamborghini and Bugatti
Lamborghini - Super Cars from VW
Bughatti - Hyper cars from VW
Bentley - (How could I forget) Premium Sports cars from VW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group

Still think it looks too funky to be a Skoda, SEAT much better.
 

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
4,376
Location
Denver, CO
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Vette Boss said:
Don't really care for it, seems a bit agricultural to me. Screen says Samsung on it, so that probably isn't finalised yet and there just for testing purposes.

I think your right, as far as not finalized yet, not really done with putting in the stereo or climate control. I have to ask what to you mean when you say agricultural? I have never seen a farmer own anything like that or any farm equipment that looks like that. I know you couldn?t haul grain or move cattle. So how does the term agricultural work to describe this.
 

Vette Boss

Forum Addict
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
5,271
Location
United States, Britain, in time
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6
Momentum57 said:
Vette Boss said:
Don't really care for it, seems a bit agricultural to me. Screen says Samsung on it, so that probably isn't finalised yet and there just for testing purposes.

I think your right, as far as not finalized yet, not really done with putting in the stereo or climate control. I have to ask what to you mean when you say agricultural? I have never seen a farmer own anything like that or any farm equipment that looks like that. I know you couldn?t haul grain or move cattle. So how does the term agricultural work to describe this.

To me it just seems rough and unsophisticated. Something a mean person buys, to save money. :p
 
Top