• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Koenigsegg CCR

denali

Hey guys

I was just checkin out the CCR and since when did they get rid of the Lysholm Screw Compressor and change it to the Dual Rotrex centrifugal compressors with an intercooler???? BUT I REMEMBER reading this "The Koenigsegg CCR engine is equipped with a Lysholm Screw Compressor, which has several advantages to the common centrifugal compressor." in the broucure. SO CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED OR AM I JUST COMPLETELY LOST??????

sorry, i can't offer a useful response to your question since it went straight over my head ... but all i have to say is ... "who the hell cares if it has a whatever compressor thing-a-ma-jig, it's a koenigsegg ccr, and it rocks!" :thumbsup:

SO CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED OR AM I JUST COMPLETELY LOST??????
Mate im lost! :? What the hell are you talking about?!! Are you gonna buy one or something?

denali said:
The Koenigsegg CCR engine is equipped with a Lysholm Screw Compressor

whats wrong with screw superchargers... AFAIK, all mercedes's Superchargers use it, it gives more boost compared to other superchargers, but it is very similiar to a turbo where it starts to loose power in high RPM i think

I just want to know why did they decide to get rid of Lysholm Screw Compressor and replaced it with Twin Rotrex Centrifugal Compressor, when they clearly state that the Lysholm Screw is better.

denali said:
I just want to know why did they decide to get rid of Lysholm Screw Compressor and replaced it with Twin Rotrex Centrifugal Compressor, when they clearly state that the Lysholm Screw is better.

Sorry, I mis-understood you, it is mostly the engine configuration that makes koenigsegg decide which one to use, IMO all superchargers, including turbo chargers have advantages and disadvantages, maybe koenigsegg weighed it out and decided that the twin rotex centrifugal is better for the car

jasonchiu said:
most probz it cuts down on manufacturing costs.
I don't think that's it ... if they put another thousand dollars in their price, it won't make much of a difference in the pockets of people that would actually buy it; and koenigsegg know that most probably.

:? :? :?

Quote from the swedish car-magazine Bilsport:
CCR ska ha skrumkompressor fr?n Lysholm men d? konceptet ?nnu inte ?r helt f?rdigutvecklat sitter f?r n?rvarande en centrifulgarkompressor p? dess plats. Maxeffekt och maxvrid ?r identiskt med Lysholmaren, men karakt?ren ?r n?got sk?nare"

Crappy english translation, signed vanMould :) :
CCR is supposed to have a screwcompressor from Lysholm but since the concept is not completely developed there's a centrifugalcompressor in its place. Max power and max torque is identical to the Lysholm, but it has got a slightly smoother character

So, there you go!