Koenigsegg CCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, I read it too :p Nice

Maybe you should add a spoiler warning in the header, some people are quite sensitive about stuff like this.

awesome, cant wait for that!

Kebab gud said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Lets hope it doesn't break down :lol:
are you refering to the CC8S that did the gumball?
or the super crappy fifth gear review of the early CCR?
The ultra crappy FG review.

So it broke down in Gumball aswell? :|

In 2003 USA run, it breaked down several times, even because of an oil leak.

Yes, I read that article too!
Interesting article (apart from the typo about having raised the roof of the car 50 cm to make sure american basket ball millionaires can fit in it :roll: ) and I can't wait to see the show when JC drives it!
And I hope the Stig takes it around the track as well! :)

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
In 2003 USA run, it breaked down several times, even because of an oil leak.

Yeah, but the guy who was driving it was the biggest tool I have ever seen. What a wanker. I in no way felt bad when he spent most of his time on the side of the road. :lol:

FG didn't make a crappy review - the car was crappy. The Koenigsegg is the result of the attempt to build a Bugatti Veyron without spending enough time and money for the development.

Jan :)

Your metro is alot bigger as ours.

This article also claims its the fastest in the world. Btw nice baldie. :thumbsdown:

halllo_fireball said:
FG didn't make a crappy review - the car was crappy. The Koenigsegg is the result of the attempt to build a Bugatti Veyron without spending enough time and money for the development.

dude .. please TRY! to know what you are taking about..
the first productiuon Koenigsegg CC8S came in 2002.. the prodjekt was started in 1993..
do you really think they spend all that time sitting on there ass?
and offcouse Cristian didnt have the money that VW had.. who does?

and you cant blame Koenigsegg for Tiff using the clutch a bit ... like tiff :p
its not easy to fint a user friendly clutch that can handle 800hp
(Drag clutch.. no problem.. Racing clutch.. shure.. everyday drive clutch.. do you have VW money?)
Oh and .. koenigsegg still offisially have the record still..

PS: the CC8S had a few engine problems.. but now the entire engine is made by koenigsegg on the CC8S only about 40% of it was.. guess what part failed.... thats right... the FORD part

If you are selling a 800hp supercar you have to make sure, that the clutch is working without any problem - thats my opinion! They just should use the same gearbox the Bugatti has. It wouldn't be a big problem to get it from Ricardo - Chrysler did so as well afaik.

happy! This is awesome! I've been wondering when they were going to have it on, I even sent them a few inquiries about if they were going to! woohoo!

Koenigseggs are the greatest cars in teh world. If you disagree, :p

halllo_fireball said:
If you are selling a 800hp supercar you have to make sure, that the clutch is working without any problem - thats my opinion! They just should use the same gearbox the Bugatti has. It wouldn't be a big problem to get it from Ricardo - Chrysler did so as well afaik.

dude.. the gearbox in not the issue.. the issue is the power vs a clutch that can do the job..
a Koenigsegg costs halv that of a Buggati Veyron.. the buggatti had a "unlimited" budget...
the Original Koenigsegg had a small budget..
dont even TRY to compare the enginering of 2 cars you dont know jack shitt about..

and the fact is that the Clutch problem was only an issue up to the middel of the CCRs liftespan (still in production but is soon to be killd)
and thats my major problem with the Fifth gear review.. they testet a Early CCR .. infact as the salesman was saying.. the owner was selling it to by a brand new CCR
problems like this is as good as gone on the late modell CCR and CCX (CCX yet to be testet by any member of the press, Jeremy might be the first)
if Fifth gear had done ity righ and gotten a NEW (or newer) CCR they might have had a good test.. but they didnt.. they got a early flawd Used car ..
if you where gonna wright a review of a car .. whould you get a old outdated car or a new upgraded car

By saying gearbox I meant the whole unit - containing clutch and gearbox.

@richardburns: Yes, I disagree - you forgot the Bugatti ;) Nevertheless the CCwhatever is a superb looking car

I can imagine the Veyron transmission system is quite big and heavy with 2 x clutch, 7 gears etc. I seriously doubt the veyron transmission would fit in the CCR, and i'm not so sure that VW/Bugatti would lend Koenigsegg, a rival, their hard earned knowledge and technology from the Veyron.

Janus said:
Yeah, but the guy who was driving it was the biggest tool I have ever seen.
Yes he was.
You know, actually I also was getting some pleasure from the fact that he was stopped again and again by police.
I think that his visit in prison in the final stage of the race teached him somethig, sometimes you have to kick someone in the ass to let him understand. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.