No 56k: Koenigsegg CCXR - Tissue and Vasoline optional

OMG THATS BEAUTIFUL! and the spoiler fits. at least they learned there lesson with downforce :p

My dream car:
1000kg.
1000ps.
1000nm.
This one comes fucking close. :woot:
Do badly want!

We need some high-res pics!

:+1:

It looks like the buttons correspond to the outside ring of icons, and the inside ring are indicator lights, like the "door ajar" one that's lit in that picture

I would have said the same thing about the buttons, but what's the rotating knob for? It appears you can set it to "fog lights" but also to "engine start", which is kind of weird....

:jawdrop:

Plenty of supercars have given me wood in the past ... but this is the first time I've seen a supercar that's given me carbon fiber ...!

No, but PRCF is fairly susceptible to UV light. The plastic fogs, yellows, and breaks down. A UV protectant clear-coat is needed. As mentioned, for the roof on Chevy's ZR-1, the protectant used is $60,000 a gallon. On the Tesla Roadster, the painted CF hard-top roof is $3500. For the same roof but with visible CF, it's a $1,500 price increase to $5,000. with THAT much CF, if it's protected properly, you're probably looking at an extra $50,000 to $100,000 added to the price of the car.

It does cost 1.8m euros...

I was just woundering (on a sidenote) when bare Carbon Fibre will turn to be seen as vulgar (and therefore uncool) because every carbage making Tune-kid dresses his 8 Year old Toyota up like that ... I think CF is already starting to lose it?s cool thanks to (fake)CF-Carbage.

CCXR looks awsome though ... and those figures are simply biblical.

Oh.

My.

Fucking.

God.

Do want, now!!

I just noticed that the windscreen wiper is erected by default, not sure if I like that...
The CCX has that feature as well. I think it's pretty cool and gives it a 'race car for the road' look.

Do you know what seriously makes this car truly mental?

IT HAS AN AIRBAG!!!!

I feel completely safe driving that car now.

hehe same clutch as F6 manuals use AP Twin plate Racing Clutch... But seriously id be happy with a 1:18 scale model of this looks hot as :).

Are we talking 1000hp off of conventional gasoline here, or is this another ethanol powered koenigsegg?

I dunno if it's to do with the 3 martinis I just had, but that pic seriously confuses me.....
I'll allow myself to some corrections here, but I don't intend to offend anyone, just want to shed some light, here goes. The car produces 760kW on E85 and that translates, subject to method of conversion and selection of units etc nota bene, to ~1018hp.

However, as Mr Koenigsegg stated in TG mag, the figure is higher than 1018bhp on the dyno but they went with 760kW since it's a nice and even figure, this is a common method in the world of high performance cars as most of you know.

However, on E100, where available, which contains 100% ethanol as opposed to the 85% rating on E85 hence the name, the engine puts out over 1100 bhp. The figure was close to 850kW I was told.

Now y'all gonna shout "evidence please", I can't provide anything written, this was a short conversation on a car exhibit, but for what it's worth to anyone.

Another misconception I want to kill is that the "wing" used on the second power lap was something conceived by Koenigsegg as a response to the first one. The truth is that TG pushed hard to get the car in time for the shoot, and as a result of poor decision making at Koenigsegg, they shipped a poorly set up car that performed badly.

Since stuff broke when the Stig went of the track, the car was shipped back to Sweden for repairs and while these were carried out the car was also set up correctly this time AND fitted with the so-called Top Gear-wing. The wing was in the options list way ahead of the first power lap. If this belongs in another thread then I'm sorry but this was the most appropriate thread I could find on the subject.

Cheers to y'all.

^One could also add that the Press-lady at Koenigsegg said that the wing don't do shit in speed below 300km/h.

I'll allow myself to some corrections here, but I don't intend to offend anyone, just want to shed some light, here goes. The car produces 760kW on E85 and that translates, subject to method of conversion and selection of units etc nota bene, to ~1018hp.

However, as Mr Koenigsegg stated in TG mag, the figure is higher than 1018bhp on the dyno but they went with 760kW since it's a nice and even figure, this is a common method in the world of high performance cars as most of you know.

However, on E100, where available, which contains 100% ethanol as opposed to the 85% rating on E85 hence the name, the engine puts out over 1100 bhp. The figure was close to 850kW I was told.

Now y'all gonna shout "evidence please", I can't provide anything written, this was a short conversation on a car exhibit, but for what it's worth to anyone.

Another misconception I want to kill is that the "wing" used on the second power lap was something conceived by Koenigsegg as a response to the first one. The truth is that TG pushed hard to get the car in time for the shoot, and as a result of poor decision making at Koenigsegg, they shipped a poorly set up car that performed badly.

Since stuff broke when the Stig went of the track, the car was shipped back to Sweden for repairs and while these were carried out the car was also set up correctly this time AND fitted with the so-called Top Gear-wing. The wing was in the options list way ahead of the first power lap. If this belongs in another thread then I'm sorry but this was the most appropriate thread I could find on the subject.

Cheers to y'all.

Very interesting,I also have something on the note of power measurements of "Ultimate Cars". In the book Ultimate Cars by Tom Stewart, the Veyron is also quoted as being put on the conservative side of power, as the dyno to measure the power of the engine tested the engine in a environment with a temperature of 40C. At 20C it is predicted that the horsepower on the Veyron's engine at crank is above 1100 hp (standard measurement).