Koenigsegg soon to be 45% norweigan.

The Koenigsegg was originally planned to have a flat-12 that Subaru developed for F1 racing. Subaru eventually abadoned the plans and Koenigsegg bought the rights to the engine. But I'v seen some figures on that engine and it doesn't really seem too clever.

But I think V12 are to common. Every bloody hypercar uses them, even though Koenigsegg has proven that eight cans adn 4,7l is enough. I'd love to see a V10 in there though. That would be a bit odd. Or maybe a flat-10, a layout that I've never heard about before...

vanMould said:
The Koenigsegg was originally planned to have a flat-12 that Subaru developed for F1 racing. Subaru eventually abadoned the plans and Koenigsegg bought the rights to the engine. But I'v seen some figures on that engine and it doesn't really seem too clever.

But I think V12 are to common. Every bloody hypercar uses them, even though Koenigsegg has proven that eight cans adn 4,7l is enough. I'd love to see a V10 in there though. That would be a bit odd. Or maybe a flat-10, a layout that I've never heard about before...
didn't Porsche have a Flat 12 in the 917 and its variants? anyway, i think Koenigsegg should stick with the engine that they use now. If i recall correctly, its an off the shelf Ford Racing V8 that was tuned by cosworth. pretty cool combo if you ask me.

it is baced of a ford racing engine yes .. but the only ford bit on it is this
10185075a.jpg

(yes i know its a Chevy but its just an illustration)

PS:
startimage_xmas_2005.jpg

oh and a update on the new car ..
it has been in the norwegian woods for some time now.
the design is the same .. but you will be able to se the diffrence "before B?rd Eker" and "After B?r Eker" :p
but the car is still Christian von Koenigsegg design..

what might these differences be? :p
it looks a bit shorter, but that might just be the angle.

Kebab gud said:
thats not the new car :p
thats just a red CCR :p

the new one is going to be shown for the first time at Geneva.
ahhhh i see :lol:

Kebab gud said:
it is baced of a ford racing engine yes .. but the only ford bit on it is this
10185075a.jpg

(yes i know its a Chevy but its just an illustration)

As far as I know, the only thing that comes from Ford is the basic dimensions of the engine. Block and heads comes from italian Teksid, who also makes F1-blocks for Ferrari. I don't know who's done the rest of the engine though...

Update!

This pic was released on swedish carsite Sportbilen today:
koenigseggccx.gif

Dunno how authentic it is, but if it's 100% it looks like we've got new rims, a modified roofline, different headlights and a slightly different rear to expect.

And the title: CCX. Sounds like another two cylinders to me :thumbsup:

looks like the rear bumper is bigger .. (almost forgt that the CCX is US legal)

CCX is more like "the last in the CC range"

PS: ... everything new on the CCX is norwegian :p :p
(well .. not everything :p dought that koenigsegg and his boys have been resting:p)

There's a CCR currently for sale at a dealer located about 5min drive from my home. I've been to that dealership a couple of times to put it mildly. They have lots of nice supercars to watch. Zonda Roaster, F40, F50 etc.

http://www.autostrada.com (page is in Norwegian :p)

And by the way, I've heard that the engineers at NTNU in Trondheim are working mainly on improving the aerodynamics for the Koenigsegg

I don't think anyone in particular a company as small and probably poor as Koenigsegg (well relatively) can compete with a company like VW's Buggati, not to mention the fact that not only is the Veyron a technological break through its also an act of financial suicide by VW and I doubt anyone could even consider following in its footsteps.
I'd be impressed if they could break 400kph tho, but...

Jananshan said:
I don't think anyone in particular a company as small and probably poor as Koenigsegg (well relatively) can compete with a company like VW's Buggati, not to mention the fact that not only is the Veyron a technological break through its also an act of financial suicide by VW and I doubt anyone could even consider following in its footsteps.
I'd be impressed if they could break 400kph tho, but...
Why not? It's working pretty well for Pagani and Saleen, and it worked pretty well for McLaren.

BTW, :welcome:

Pagani has no real competitors.. and Saleen has ... what to offer?
an none of them are compeating against VW (sorry.. bugatti)

and Mclaren had BMW behind them with the F1 ..

i dont really se your point ..
(nether Pagani or Saleen have cars that pass 350kph anyway)

Kebab gud said:
Pagani has no real competitors.. and Saleen has ... what to offer?
an none of them are compeating against VW (sorry.. bugatti)

and Mclaren had BMW behind them with the F1 ..

i dont really se your point ..
(nether Pagani or Saleen have cars that pass 350kph anyway)
How does Pagani not have any competitors? They build supercars, Koenigsegg builds supercars, there, they're competing. And Saleen builds the S7. They're independent. And McLaren only used BMW's engine, without that much factory backing. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit shaky on McLaren's development history.)

The point is, other manufacturers have been able to produce cars that can vy for the world's fastest. Just because Bugatti has the backing of a global multi-million dollar company behind it doeesn't mean another company like Koenigsegg or Pagani can't compete.

Pagani dosent have any real competitors..
shuere there a millions of other cars pushing ut the same power ..
(Ferrari Enzo, Konigsegg CC*, Masarati MC12, Porsche CGT and all of the others)
but none of them are real competitors..

BMW custom made the engine for Mclaren (even thou Mclaren at the time was working with Peugot (later mercedes)

Its F***ing hard to try to match a Multi billion dollar company that is building a car with loss intentionally just to get the record when you yourself havto pay in stock to rent a Windtunnel ane your taking a loss..
(2005 was the first year Koenigsegg made a profit)
Dont even try to make it sound eazy .. there is a reson Mclaren had the record for 10 years...

and McLaren is making F1 cars since the sixties, they already had a lot research finished when they started with their supercar

koenigsegg had literraly nothing when he started

dunno about pagani

pagani had help from Juan Manuel Fangio (5time F1 champion)
Dont know anything abourt what Pagani did befor he started making Supercars though

(dut dont forget .. Koenigsegg started his brand when he was 22.. Pagani is a man in his 40s-50s)