Koenigsegg underestimated?

Jan Doedel said:
Why have a Saleen (from America) if you can have a Koenigsegg from Sweden (Europe for the Americans)??
I've changed my mind since that post. 8)

POWERRR!! said:
from what i understood from the program, the CCX really doesn't have a rear wing as an option. it'll be a whole new thing with the research, wind tunnel tests, etc.. should they actually follow TG's advice about putting a rear wing on.
it is an option .. i think i cost ?1000 more (its pure carbonfiber you know :p)

this is the CCX options
Optional Equipment

Custom Colour Leather Interior
Custom Paint Colour
Custom Paint job with Graphics
GPS Navigation
Parking Sensors
Subwoofer and Amplifier
Rearview Camera
Carbon/Ceramic Brake Discs
Titanium Brake Disc Bells for Carbon/Ceramic discs
Carbon Fiber Rims
Inconel Lightweight Muffler
Sequential gearshift mechanism(mechanic with clutch)
Lightweight Magnesium Gearbox Casing
Fitted Luggage
Lap timer
Tailored Car Cover
Carbon Rear Wing
Clear coated carbon splitters, Side Skirts and Lamps
X-brace over engine
Chromemolubdenium Race Uprights
Stiffer Racing Springs and Anti-Roll bars
4-Point Safety Harness*
Roll Cage*
Traction Control*
Sport Auto Event
Driving Education – Loris Bicocchi
Free Service 30000 km/2 years

* Not for road use
funny ... Traction Control is not for road use :p

EDIT: just had a look at the standard list ..
it DOES have Traction control and has 5 different settings
Maybe bue to the fact that they got the car straigh from geneva it too wasent ready ..
maybe that chould help it overcome the problems with not having the rear wing on standard

MadCow809 said:
there are plenty of cars out there that is faster than Zonda F, for example, one of my personal favourite - the Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

a high revving 12.9Litre V8 Engine that is capable of producing 1760Nm of torque and 1100bhp, this car will accelerate from 0-200km/h in 4.9 seconds. and it will take 10 seconds to reach to 300km/h.

We are talking fast around a race track.
I really believe this monster is fast in a straight line AND probably much fun to drive, but not faster than a modern car around a track.

I think it's a set of luggage that's been designed to fit the "boots" so as to make most use of the space...

the Mclaren F1 had a set lik that .. custom made to fitt all the boots of the car .. and that mad the F1 the most practical Supercar ever ..
(ever beating the NSX with a propper boot.. )
cover_january99_06.jpg

McLaren_F1_details_luggage_1_t.jpg

i have still yet to see any of the koenigsegg luggage

and forgive me for saying this, but most of the american cars out there are ugly, heavy on fuel, poor car balance, poor chassis and digusting interior design, which is why we dont import any american supercars

Couldn't have put it better myself, although to be fair I do think that the Yanks have better names and better car design (on average) then the Japanese.

there are plenty of cars out there that is faster than Zonda F, for example, one of my personal favourite - the Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

Haven't heard of that to be honest, though I don't consider ad hoc garage built cars made in small numbers, because then the list of possible contenders would be endless. An example is the Radical that set a very fast lap time a few seasons back, it's quick but it isn't a supercar.

LoneWolf said:
Couldn't have put it better myself, although to be fair I do think that the Yanks have better names and better car design (on average) then the Japanese.

I would change your verb tense here and substitute "had" for "have"; back in the golden age of car design, when the American companies had balls, they actually had interesting lineups. Nowadays, the majority of the dishwater coming out of the Ford and GM, with exceptions, is more dull than its Japanese counterparts; Chrysler I'm not counting because it's way more daring than its counterparts, as well as not being entirely American anymore. Some sort of quantitative comparison might be in order to compare #s of exciting vs nonexciting cars.

In general though, American companies are in retreat and trying to hold onto market share, rather than trying to strike out with innovation, which is how they got market share in the first place. They're forgetting that the best defense is a good offense, which holds true in business as well as warfare.

Edit: But I do agree completely on names. What the hell is "MR2" supposed to inspire in you, anyway?

Kebab gud said:
Labcoatguy said:
[
Edit: But I do agree completely on names. What the hell is "MR2" supposed to inspire in you, anyway?
stands for Mid-Rear 2 seater, Mid-rear = engine+ drive, 2seater is.. well

I know, I know, I own one of the suckers :p It was more of a matter of what it "inspires" in you, not what it means...after all, names like Firebird and Mustang make you go whooo!, while dull things like Celica and Prelude don't do it.

prelude is such a boring car that you need som ludes to have fun in it .. ...
ok ok .. that was one of the most boring jokes in HISTORY!
but lets get back on topic

but the whole name thing.. is just a proof that american cars need catchy names to sell ..
the japanese can sell you a cheap crappy car like the civic .. with a name like... civic :p

lonewolf said:
although to be fair I do think that the Yanks have better names and better car design (on average) then the Japanese

pffft.. the japs can only come up with cheesy names for their crappy cars

Labcoatguy said:

MR2? i guess it stands for mid engine, rear wheel drive and a 2 seater.. quite a little nifty car, it just needs abit more oomph when it comes to power : p

Labcoatguy said:
after all, names like Firebird and Mustang make you go whooo!, while dull things like Celica and Prelude don't do it.

nope, not my cup of tea im afraid... i prefer those little M badges on the beemers : )

Labcoatguy said:
Kebab gud said:
Labcoatguy said:
[
stands for Mid-Rear 2 seater, Mid-rear = engine+ drive, 2seater is.. well

I know, I know, I own one of the suckers :p It was more of a matter of what it "inspires" in you, not what it means...after all, names like Firebird and Mustang make you go whooo!, while dull things like Celica and Prelude don't do it.
what about the VW Rabbit? Cobra, Mustang, Firebird, they've all got nothing on the rabbit!

Labcoatguy said:
LoneWolf said:

I would change your verb tense here and substitute "had" for "have"; back in the golden age of car design, when the American companies had balls, they actually had interesting lineups. Nowadays, the majority of the dishwater coming out of the Ford and GM, with exceptions, is more dull than its Japanese counterparts; Chrysler I'm not counting because it's way more daring than its counterparts, as well as not being entirely American anymore. Some sort of quantitative comparison might be in order to compare #s of exciting vs nonexciting cars.

In general though, American companies are in retreat and trying to hold onto market share, rather than trying to strike out with innovation, which is how they got market share in the first place. They're forgetting that the best defense is a good offense, which holds true in business as well as warfare.

Yes, the American designs were much better back in the 'Golden Years', perhaps I was being a bit kind on some of the American folks here ;)

As for the MR2 thing, a year ago I would have slated that car for being a very cheap rip off of something like a Ferrari 355, and having a $h!t name. As it turns out though, I now own a mark 1 MR2 in fantastic condition, so you won't be hearing any complaints from me regarding that car (with the exception of the mark 3, which is disgustingly girly). 8)

Labcoatguy said:

Which version is yours?

Celica, Prelude, Civic, YRV (Young Recreational Vehicle, no, I'm being serious!), the best that a nation of geeks and nerds can come up with :lol:

(Hope there aren't any Japs in here!)

Kebab gud said:
dude .. how did this thread turn into a discusion on japanese car names?

Think that might have been me :oops:

Anyway, back to the Koennigsegg (I still can't spell the bloody thing!).........