Kremer Porsche 962C

Paddy

Car(s)
'06 BMW 320 M Sport
I shot this last month for a feature on Speedhunters. It's the 1989 Kremer Porsche 962CK6/03 which raced at Le Mans that year. All the external shots were photographed with whatever light was available, whilst the majority of the detail and interior shots were lit with a single 580EXII & soft box. There's more photos at the bottom of the post, along with a link the feature on Speedhunters/

Thanks for looking!

8439164026_7746a25481_b.jpg

8438077281_25ca36fc1f_b.jpg

8438075493_8d6e0d90b6_b.jpg

8438076501_0b079259f5_b.jpg

8438077047_3b3dcde591_b.jpg

Full Set // Original Feature

Legendary... :D Great shots of the 962. Looking at #5, that is the shape of the most significant endurance race car ever made, added seven wins at Le Mans to Porsche's record...

Fuckin glorious. Any post done or are they just naturally that soft?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Paddy again.

Beautiful car. I think you have much stronger shots in the feature than the ones you've posted here, though. That first shot in particular on there really jumps out. Great PP on all of them.

May I ask what lens you used for the shots? The images seem to lack exif, or the onlinetool fails :).

Why am I asking? I intend to use/get a 30mm on crop for this kind of shots, because my 50 feels too long for that. Feedback would be appreciated! :)

What's the crop factor of your sensor? If it's x1.6 (as some of my bodies are), then at 30mm you'll get "50mm" as opposed to the "80mm" you're getting now.

Yeah, I know. Its Canons default APS-C with 1.6x. I am aware of those numbers. I like what the images the 50mm look like, but almost every time I use it, I get the feeling its too long. And looking a th the pictures I took with my zoom around 30mm, I am fairly sure that I will like the 30mm fixed much more. And with Sigmas 30/1.4 dropping in price dramatically, I have almost no more reason not to buy it :p

This is at the risk of de-railing the thread (apologies Paddy) but 30mm is 30mm, whether it's fixed or a prime. Unless the max aperture is staggeringly different, or the glass of a substantially better quality, I'd probably spend the money elsewhere. Obviously your call, but a lot of people get suckered in by primes.

Kenwood-Kremer-962CK-PMcG-50.jpg

is that the triangle itself that is supported by the spring?
so no rods or levers? what's the name of that layout?

May I ask what lens you used for the shots? The images seem to lack exif, or the onlinetool fails :).

Why am I asking? I intend to use/get a 30mm on crop for this kind of shots, because my 50 feels too long for that. Feedback would be appreciated! :)

Strange, I never strip the EXIF. It must be Flickr acting strange. The majority of the shoot was with a 5D MKIII & 24-105 f/4 L IS.

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kenwood-Kremer-962CK-PMcG-50.jpg

is that the triangle itself that is supported by the spring?
so no rods or levers? what's the name of that layout?

It's a spring over shock, not just a spring. I think it's referred to as Rocker Arms with Coilovers.

Last edited: