• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Kung Fu Hustle is the worst movie I've seen, ever ...

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
Anyone else seen it?

I mean, it's sort of an OK storyline and a qute ending - but else from that :shock: damn, very dissapointing!!!!!

haz

I saw it, and expected that it'd be better than Shaolin Soccer, which was great imo. But it wasn't. However, I'm gonna watch it again, give it another go, and see how I feel after that, since I didn't like Shaolin Soccer the first time I watched it.

Never heard of Shaolin Soccer ... It can't be worse than this one ...

haz

Shaolin Soccer is the movie that Stephen Chow made before Kung-Fu Hustle. It's very funny, but if you didn't like Kung-Fu Hustle maybe you should stay clear...

:lol: yea, probably ... now, back to the "exciting" match between Liverpool vs AC Milan ...

haz

I loved that movie, imo movies like that shouldn't be watched alone, someone should be there with you...I dunno just makes it funnier.

What happened was that I watched it alone, it was pretty late at night, I chuckled at some parts, but overall I didn't find that it was entertaining. A few days later a friend came over seen that I had it and wanted to watch it, I didn't say anything about what the movie was about, so we watched it. And for some reason I laughed my ass off the second time :)

well, I watched it with my GF, and seeing she has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (sp? :lol: ), she was all like "bah, this is rediculous" and "that wasn't very convincing" etc ... so she kinda spoiled it for me :p

I'll bring a buddy over tomorrow night and watch again with him ..

haz

haz said:
well, I watched it with my GF, and seeing she has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (sp? :lol: ), she was all like "bah, this is rediculous" and "that wasn't very convincing" etc ... so she kinda spoiled it for me :p

I'll bring a buddy over tomorrow night and watch again with him ..

haz

lol ... the martial arts in the movie is suppose to be fantasy related, obviously it has no bearing on real martial arts. if it were, i'd be so there learning how to fly through air squishing people with some mythical palm of a hand :lol:

i actually liked kung fu hustle better than shaolin soccer, i tried watching shaolin soccer and couldn't even sit through it and had to turn it off, but yeah, if you want more "realistic" martial arts movies, than go watch movies by jackie chan or jet li even though those are glamourized as well :)

i didnt like it either. it wasnt at all funny. tbh i thought it was a POS when i left the cinema

UKD said:
Sweet, can she break boards and kick really high?

I want to take Tae Kwon Do. :mrgreen:

thats what you have to do to get a black-belt in TaeKwonDo... you have to kick a board that is held at the same height as your head, jump over 4 people and kick a board plus the usual moves like the punch, and different kicks... but its really easy though, but the shit thing is you have to remember all the different combination moves and there are like 20 of them... but I still got a blackbelt :D , I just copied what everyone else was doing... :lol:

andyhui01 said:
UKD said:
Sweet, can she break boards and kick really high?

I want to take Tae Kwon Do. :mrgreen:

thats what you have to do to get a black-belt in TaeKwonDo... you have to kick a board that is held at the same height as your head, jump over 4 people and kick a board plus the usual moves like the punch, and different kicks... but its really easy though, but the shit thing is you have to remember all the different combination moves and there are like 20 of them... but I still got a blackbelt :D , I just copied what everyone else was doing... :lol:

That's cool. I really want to get into sparring.

I can kick an eight foot beam in my house with a running start, but I'm not that flexible.

you get a running start to kick the board above your head... but generally I find it easier to do without and just jumping

is sparring the one where you fight each other with the gear?... I don't really know the english terms

Dude they sparred in Kung Fu Hustle

Haz Stephen Chow made the movies unrealistic and stuff because its something new..litterally every movie has some fighting and its just boring stuff that gets repetative. Hes trying to make his movies orginal and intresting..

Also, me being Chinese, have heard of all these myths (obviously i didn't believe them) well folktells in stories and such....and i thought it was intresting

the best part about stephen chow movies is the way he always casts himself as the hero that aside Kung-Fu Hustle was friggen awesome... the fights were great the story was soso but then i was expecting that and the humor was awesome

TF

i do tekwando as well, though i am on red belt still, cant be fucked to remeber all the pattern shit man i got so much exams. normally i just go to the class to spar or fight release some tension by kickin some ones ass.

LOL, i thought this movie wasn't so great, i liked Shaolin Soccer alot better. The ONLY HK film i liked and bought was infernal affairs. I was born in HK btw.

Never heard of the movie...

But the worst movie I've ever seen is probably "Catwoman"! :bangin:

cya
Oliver