L.A. Noire

I've moved onto Vice now, just completed the Black Caesar case, due to my somewhat obsessive personality, after completing each case I go back over and make sure I get everything.

I've moved onto Vice now, just completed the Black Caesar case, due to my somewhat obsessive personality, after completing each case I go back over and make sure I get everything.

I'm the same way but I'll do a complete playthrough before going back. Unfortunately my PS3 still needs replacing :(

I'm doing pretty terrible telling who's lying but YF19Pilot's advice is sound. Definitely getting addicted to this game. Just got my girlfriend addicted to it as well. ;)

I've been getting consistantly above 75%, generally only missing one or two questions per case at most. The only people I had problems with had poor lighting, and the other I think was made hard to read on purpose. But I just finished the first Homocide case. I've only been doing about one case a day because of my schedule and other things with family, etc.

Well shit, batteries are dead on the Xbox Controller, and the charger and standard AA battery packs are still at my old place. Wonder if I can rig the controller up to 240V.....BzzZZzzzt *thump*

Like the game. Few complaints:

The interrogation interface is a little iffy. Not only do you have to interpret and predict what the perp/witness is going to say, but you also have to 'guess' at what your own character is going to say. A few times I thought he was going somewhere with something, where I would call the person a liar, only to have him accuse of something totally different. Kind of frustrating. The "doubt" button I find is particularly hard to predict.

Why is there no ocean areas if the city is L.A.? Seems kind of dumb to not have the ocean.

Car handling is pretty bad. Mafia II and GTA IV were much more fun. Although having real cars is a bonus(a Cisitalia and a Phantom Corsair in a video game?? Awesome!)

I feel like the cases are fairly repetitive. Yes the details are different, but it's always go here pick up every single item that you are able to and then ask questions. Then chase and/or shoot. Done.

I feel RDR was a better game, so far.

I believe you have to switch discs at certain points in the game.

I don't have an HD but I don't think you can just install all 3 discs.

BTW I agree with above, car handling is awful.

Like the game. Few complaints:

The interrogation interface is a little iffy. Not only do you have to interpret and predict what the perp/witness is going to say, but you also have to 'guess' at what your own character is going to say. A few times I thought he was going somewhere with something, where I would call the person a liar, only to have him accuse of something totally different. Kind of frustrating. The "doubt" button I find is particularly hard to predict.

Why is there no ocean areas if the city is L.A.? Seems kind of dumb to not have the ocean.

Car handling is pretty bad. Mafia II and GTA IV were much more fun. Although having real cars is a bonus(a Cisitalia and a Phantom Corsair in a video game?? Awesome!)

I feel like the cases are fairly repetitive. Yes the details are different, but it's always go here pick up every single item that you are able to and then ask questions. Then chase and/or shoot. Done.

I feel RDR was a better game, so far.

I agree, the repetitive nature is even worse on the homicide desk. Every case sans the last is just a copy/paste of the first. In addition to the reasons you listed, I also was not a fan of the plot, er, twist.

One thing people have to realise is Rockstar were involved in approximately fuck-all of development. It's primarily (by large) a Team Bondi game.

I find the car physics, albeit fucked, hjilarious to drift with.
And yes, I can drift most cars.

Just ordered my copy. Looking forward to playing it. I got the xbox version (only console I have, im a pc gamer myself), could someone explain to me how the whole three disc thing works? can I just install all three of them to the hard drive and be done with it?

I believe you have to switch discs at certain points in the game.

Correct. Even though you can install all 3 discs (takes ~20GB), you will be prompted to switch discs at certain points in the game. The benefit of installing is seriously reduced load times.

Just passed the tutorials and on to the main "detective" bit, rather interesting game so far. Only bad part is my PS3 is turning into a noisy hairdryer..

I'll trade - mine has completed the transformation, and now is only useful for that purpose :p

I really need to pick up another one, I just barely got into Traffic....

Edit: Sorry, should have mentioned it is actually called traffic. Trying to go as a "good cop" and see what happens... but I have the insatiable urge to do this:
cad-20110518-8cc03.png

217a5.jpg

B^U A life of crime is often harder on the victim than on the criminal. B^U

(edit credit to AxeManiac)

[Tim B^Uckley]
That is hilariously awesome. :lmao:

No, no it isn't. Tim Buckley is a hack at best and doesn't need any encouragement outside of getting a job that takes him off the internet.

Sorry for the derail, but friends don't let friends B^U.

No, no it isn't. Tim Buckley is a hack at best and doesn't need any encouragement outside of getting a job that takes him off the internet.

Sorry for the derail, but friends don't let friends B^U.
And I suppose Penny Arcade is better by selling shirts promoting rape?