L.A. Noire

This game has an interesting effect. LA Noire was the only game I've played in the last month and now characters in all other games look weird. The animations during cutscenes and gameplay look cartoonishly simple and like they were made 10 years ago.

Everything else you see is sort of dissapointing and underwhelming.. They've definitely set the bar pretty damn high on that front. And I hope it's something other games will be picking up :)

Erm, its gta4 with a mix of those CSI games from about 10 years ago?

Few things Ive noticed...
Why bother rendering the whole city? All you need is the locations, the city provides nothing but a way to chase people either on foot or in car... badly, I might add.
Theres no way to lose the case. (Apart from accidentally driving over the scene)
I collect a billion amounts of evidence, after showing the perp 3 items he confesses, the end. They don't always explain why, which would be nice.
Why third person? First person makes more sense.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a flash game, fleshed out with a Rockstar budget.

Game was shit, made a great trade in though

Bumptastic...

I hooked up PS3 to a TV in the bedroom a few days ago, and after going to bed yesterday and not feeling particularly sleepy I decided to try this game again. And this time I get it.. It's not half bad at all, played for over 3 hours. Not bored yet.

I guess the mistake I made 2 years ago was to expect a differently themed GTA/sandbox game, but it's not, at all. It's more along the lines of the good old quest adventure games. You take your time and enjoy the story. I don't even drive manually most of the time, just skip to the next location. The free roam brings nothing to the gameplay imo.

Ok, you can go back to your GTA5 now :p

The free roam does add some atmosphere, especially with the old cars (and some cool secret cars). But it's a side attraction to the story, absolutely.