L.A. Noire

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
For me any sandbox game stands or falls with the main character and main storyline.
If it is someone I can relate to, or find funny, or whatever is needed to get me into the story it's usualy golden.....

Tommy Vercetti in Vice city was a great character with some great oneliners, I liked the scumbag= Vice city : best GTA so far for me
Jhon Marston In RDR was another prime example, man trying to get away from his shady past getting forced back in again, great stuff = Best game I ever played.

CJ in SA? Hoodlum 'from the streets' getting back to 'tha hood' and spending the game getting his homies out of jail (ok it was his brother), sorry, does nothing for me.....In the words of Laslo : 'I've got a street infront of my house to, it doesn't make you cool' = Good game, great map, not a brilliant game.

This La noire.....flatfoot detective huh? Could be great if done right.

Last edited:

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
I definitely see the potential for a great game here. I'll be sure to check out reviews when it's released.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
So can you tell us what Rockstar were smoking when they decided not to release this game on the PC? :mad:

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Three Triumphs and a Volvo estate
So can you tell us what Rockstar were smoking when they decided not to release this game on the PC? :mad:

They were smoking the drug that says "if we don't release on PC it makes pirating the game far harder". It also means they can do exclusive DLC and crap with no chance of people hacking it on to the PC platform.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I don't understand how Team Bondi made The Getaway in 2004 and nothing else until this.
I do still believe this will be 90% Bondi, 10% Rockstar.

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Yeah mate, joined North a few and a bit years ago before IVs release.

Can you give us some info about GTA V? Pretty please???? :D

At least tell us if it's being worked on.

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
He's working @ Rockstar north, and this game is done by Team Bondi

Yeah it's primarily Bondi, though R* co-developed since they took it on as publisher so there's plenty of Rockstar work and polish in there.

As for info, no, just wait. Not just because I've signed NDAs, but I think personally people enjoy games more if they haven't had too much info beforehand. Like when I played Bioshock I knew nothing about it other than it was underwater, and the opening of that blew me away more than it would have even if I'd watched trailers. Come on, have Rockstar ever put out a game not worth the wait? :)

YF19pilot

Car(s)
2006 Honda Civic Coupe
Come on, have Rockstar ever put out a game not worth the wait? :)

404387ps.gif

In all seriousness, I'm stoked for Noire. I think I'm also one of the few people who prefered the main story of IV over TBoGT. Granted I could have done without all the baby sitting of friends. I don't really get into the social simulation side of those games.

Dewgel

For those who think Noire is going to be a Sandbox game btw, you're in for a shock. Press releases and previews so far have all said it's NOT a sandbox game, more of an adventure game. However, you can still free roam but there's a linear storyline and you can't go the wrong way.

I read somewhere there's nomore mounting the curb and running people over as such. And guns aren't readily available, they say they're only there sometimes.

Suppose it makes sense, Cole is a cop.

Dewgel

There was originally a drivable car in RDR (the car the FBI drive you in in the later missions), but due to physics and handling issues we reverted to it pathing along a pre-set course with you as a passenger a good while before the end.

That explains the totally pointless "Travelled by car" in the stats. I looked at that when I first got the game and thought "hmm, later on maybe?"

I know someone who works at R* Leeds, I'm pretty sure they deal mainly in handhelds though, not sure on his surname but DannyCon is his username on another forum, he is a 3D model thingy bloke.

What do you do specifically at R*? And have you had any influence on Noire, or is it pretty much just being promoted and given a bit of R* fun?

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
For those who think Noire is going to be a Sandbox game btw, you're in for a shock. Press releases and previews so far have all said it's NOT a sandbox game, more of an adventure game. However, you can still free roam but there's a linear storyline and you can't go the wrong way.

I read somewhere there's nomore mounting the curb and running people over as such. And guns aren't readily available, they say they're only there sometimes.

Suppose it makes sense, Cole is a cop.

I agree, it makes sense, the character you are playing in a game needs to be a bad guy or a person with more flexible morals for you (the player) to have the full freedom of GTA or RDR and for it to somehow fit into the game's setting and storyline. If you are playing a cop, not being able to go on a killing spree gives the overall setting of the story credibility, IMO.

This "limited freedom" reminds me of Mafia 2, which I didn't mind in the game, to be honest. What I didn't like about Mafia 2 was that the game was deliberately chopped up before the release, so they could sell you another 3 or 4 DLCs afterwards.

Last edited:

Dewgel

I agree, it makes sense, the character you are playing in a game needs to be a bad guy or a person with more flexible morals for you (the player) to have the full freedom of GTA or RDR and for it to somehow fit into the game's setting and storyline. If you are playing a cop, not being able to go on a killing spree gives the overall setting of the story credibility, IMO.

This "limited freedom" reminds me of Mafia 2, which I didn't mind in the game, to be honest. What I didn't like about Mafia 2 was that the game was deliberately chopped up before the release, so they could sell you another 3 or 4 DLCs afterwards.

Assassin's Creed 2 much? Seems the norm these days, just postpone half finished "maps" or "missions", then release them 1 month later as "brand new exclusive content"

Addikt

Not A Dude
Car(s)
None yet :(

One more week for Americans, and a little more than a week for Europeans! I'm really excited for this, just put in my preorder last week :D

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Is there going to be a PC version at launch? Rockstar usually starts console-only.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Since it's not coming out on PC, just your run of the mill obsolete console.

Talaaya

Viper's Sister
VIP
Good choice not releasing it on PC, Rockstar. Enjoy not having my money. I very likely would have bought it on PC, but I don't want it on console, exclusive or otherwise. Oh well.