*Carless* Waaahhh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SNYPBmgYE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EG5J05048[/youtube]

la-noire-20101117043206881.jpg

la-noire-20101117043211991.jpg

la-noire-20101117043222100.jpg

la-noire-20101117043240318.jpg

la-noire-20101117043249239.jpg

Been a long time coming this one. Really, really looking forward to it.

The fact it's a real location, and real cars is great.
So seems the concept.

My body is ready.

Set in 1947? Does that mean I wont have Roman and other assholes calling my cell phone in the corner of the screen every three seconds? Excellent. I'm in.

wow... we have finally reached the other side of the uncanny valley in video games..... can i get a fuck yeah...

Set in 1947? Does that mean I wont have Roman and other assholes calling my cell phone in the corner of the screen every three seconds?

"Cousin, you want to go to a tittie bar?" :lol:

I've yet to play Mafia II, but doesn't this seem quite similar? That's kind of the problem for me though, I've yet to play Mafia II... or The Ballad of Gay Tony. I just don't seem to have any time for video games recently.

wow... we have finally reached the other side of the uncanny valley in video games..... can i get a fuck yeah...

FUCK YEAH!!

Wouldn't Mass Effect be amazing with this? It seems time-efficient, too. Facial animation, I'm told, is quite time consuming.

"Cousin, you want to go to a tittie bar?" :lol:

I've yet to play Mafia II, but doesn't this seem quite similar? That's kind of the problem for me though, I've yet to play Mafia II... or The Ballad of Gay Tony. I just don't seem to have any time for video games recently.

No it's "heeey, cousin! Want to go see some beeg American tee-tees?!"

This is different to Mafia as it's a detective crime-solving story rather than a gangster story. Though it may have similar feel.

That facial mocap looks phenomenal. I'm so glad I finally got an Xbox.

Uncharted 2 still takes the biscuit in terms of best facial animation for me, I have to say. Though this is looking pretty awesome.

As a fan of historical fiction, I love how the cases in the game all really happened. I love it almost as much as the amazing facial animations.

I don't think I can put out another $60 for a game anytime soon. But thats not a problem, I've got a long time to go with GT5, and by the time I get bored with it, I'll pick up a copy of this used.

I do however want to see some gameplay footage first. Primarily of the driving.

I hope they won't repeat the mistakes Rockstar did with RDR's story mode (and GTA4 as well). It was just too long, for the most part it was tedious and slow (and it lacked any kind of split into logical chunks) and most of the characters were unlikeable. If this manages to improve on that and couple a great story with a game world as good as that of RDR this could be absolutely epic.

I hope they won't repeat the mistakes Rockstar did with RDR's story mode (and GTA4 as well). It was just too long, for the most part it was tedious and slow (and it lacked any kind of split into logical chunks) and most of the characters were unlikeable. If this manages to improve on that and couple a great story with a game world as good as that of RDR this could be absolutely epic.

I didn't think RDR was too long, actually I thought it was a bit short.
Once you got to Mexico everything felt rushed...

Imo of course.

Thread resurection :). New trailer came out yesterday, the Serial Killer, and we have release dates: May 17 for US, May 20 for Europe.

I'm so much looking forward to this game, I'm thinking it's my most anticipated game of 2011. I generally like games with a good story, seeing how good of a job Rockstar did with Red Dead Redemption, I'm keeping my hopes up high.

Totally getting this. Looks amazing.

I just wonder though, will this amazing animation only be prevalent in cut scenes?

Last edited:
WOW

Some of those faces, due to the animations and graphics, looked real.
That's amazing!