L.A. Noire

Have now completed all of the Traffic cases, decided to stop for tonight and do more tomorrow and go through the homicide cases then.

Hopefully this isn't ruining things for anyone, but spoilers just incase:

You can pay attention to how they act while answering your questions, but sometimes can be difficult if they're a particularly animated character, like the bar tender in the hit-and-run or the perp in the last patrol case. Best thing to do is wait a few seconds after the person answers your question. If the person:

Continues to look straight at you, they're telling the truth.

Looks away, usually to their right, there's doubt.

Looks away, generally to their left, they're lying.

The difference between doubt and lying though, is evidence. If you call a person out for lying, you have to have proof to back it up! Doubt is basically calling someone out, maybe not necessarily in a lie, but perhaps not telling the whole truth.

Well, this is what's worked for me thus far anyways. Just remember to keep track of your evidence so you can catch those lies.

I managed one interrogation before my PS3 started flipping out graphically. I opened it up in search of dust, found little, put it back together and now it repeatedly wants to repair the HDD :(

So this may be the game that finally did it in. Or I just missed a cable putting it back together.

Would be spoilers for me; just got it, installing to HDD...

EDIT: Got the Best Buy pre-order bonus without preordering. Win!

Last edited:
was in the town center today to get a new game. Was torn between this and The Witcher 2. after seeing all the comments and reviews about it, i decided to go with LA Noire. Also having HMV give away blu ray copies of LA Confidential was a bonus as well.

Final Gear better not let me down.

Just completed the Golden Butterfly case and the Silk Stocking case, loving it so far. Can't help but wonder if I'll be revisiting these, the Golden Butterfly was very similar to the case before it.

ok, played a bit of it and done some of the missions. just done my first interrogation as well.
i have to keep pinching myself at how good the facial modeling is. at times it almost feels like its real. i'm not sure about the lack of free roam at the moment although thats mostly because i've been busying myself with missions. i'll play a bit more tomorrow. i'm also glad there is a feature that lets me replay individual cases. there were a few times i was really winging it with questioning and not really paying attention. that came back to bite me on the ass quite a few times.

i'm not sure about the lack of free roam at the moment although thats mostly because i've been busying myself with missions.

After a couple of promotions, you unlock "The Streets of L.A." which is a free roam you can access through the Cases menu.

I'm only getting about 50% correct.

I don't either.

But still, I play through cases once then go back again with a guide to 100% it afterwards.

I'm doing pretty terrible telling who's lying but YF19Pilot's advice is sound. Definitely getting addicted to this game. Just got my girlfriend addicted to it as well. ;)