Ownership Verified: La voiture pour Le Galantti

I wonder if has the most kilometers on the clock for its age of all DS3:s in the world...

Auto tykk?? ett? sill? ajetaan.

Last edited:
This one's petrol though - I guess you're the one with (one of) the highest mileage petrol-powered (and yellow!) DS3's in the world? :D

This one's petrol though - I guess you're the one with (one of) the highest mileage petrol-powered (and yellow!) DS3's in the world? :D

woohooo!

last sunday had a blast at Ahvenisto racetrack, and managed to improve my time there to 1:50,24 from 1:50,27 :D

And remembered that my car needed its first mot, and went to do it after work on monday, some money passed hands, very hot coffeemachine coffee was consumed and car passed.
next mot is in 2 years :3

still haven't bought new winter tires :/

I thought we bought our cars at the same time... is my memory off? Mine's going to have its second inspection early next year.

I thought we bought our cars at the same time... is my memory off? Mine's going to have its second inspection early next year.

wasn't yours "new/used" in the showroom?

wasn't yours "new/used" in the showroom?

It was brand new, IIRC it had like 40 kilometers on it. But it was on the dealer lot, registered and waiting for a buyer.

It was brand new, IIRC it had like 40 kilometers on it. But it was on the dealer lot, registered and waiting for a buyer.

Ah, ic.
Anyways, next mot in 2018 :3

Hi fellow Finalgearians!

its been some months since last update, mostly without anything happening.
But it passed 111 111km! :eek: (next service due 120k km).

Also the windshield washer container cap managed to detach itself from the piece holding it on the washer filling tube and fell under the engine.

So instead of dismantling some covers under the engine I went to sparepart counter and bought a replacement part (which I thought was like the older one)?

But instead the new one had 1m long plastic tube that was rather difficult to push to the filling tube (and it was only 8eur).

Also on the last day of 2016 driver side bulb had burned out, so I bought 2 and swapped both sides at the same time with Philips X-tremeVision H7 bulbs.

Last edited:
Last edited:
replaced the tire, too much of a damage to repair :(

so when i towed the car to closest (to my home) tireshop on friday at 17:30 (clsoed for some weird reason at 17 instead of 19 like every other weekday) but had called them while waiting a tow and asked a if they had a tire in the exotic 205/45/17 size.

Thank got they had the last one of their inventory (Tigar something) labeled as "Used, but not driven" (prolly to be discarded), and got it replaced on saturday at 9am :p

tire cost: 30,50eur
work etc..: 23,5eur

also this happened:

I calculated the perfect time to do the trip, but apparently it is 300m faster in ~80km distance than what the km actually is :eek:

Little update for the ds3,

I had scheduled 140 000km service with additional repair requests, which includes
- leaking coolant (car didn?t complain, and only noticed that by not having a warm car),
- CEL light turned on (sensor for exhaust side camshaft, complained it 1monht ago too but then It was rectified with more oil since that was what it complained back then),
- Rear window heating element wasn?t working

So last monday my car was in service and in the 140 000km service all the filters, oil and braking fluid change, but for the repairs they called me for more info:
- leaking coolant was caused by Thermostat housing so they swapped it (its second time in 4 years I have owned the car)
- They had to order new sensor from outside Finland and it had nice plane trip in Europe, so it took a week to deliver (It didn?t matter since I have the van),
- rear window heating didn?t work because the bundle of cables for it was broken, so they spliced new wires there so that the connections aren?t in the flexible bit between chassis and hatch,
- they also notified me that one of the exhaust mounts was broken off, so they weld it back.

So I asked about the estimated cost for the whole service, and they replied that it would be 2k eur.

this Friday the sensor finally arrived and I went to pick-up the car and the price was 2263,10eur (938,46 eur of it was work).

but now its fixed :D
/me goes to drink more whiskey

ps. i got licorice from them

Like I said before, that's one hell of a service bill.

Whaaaat? :jawdrop: How on earth can those parts only be over 1000 euros? Never mind the 9 hours it took them to wrench everything.

And I thought 800 for cambelt change was steep. I might need to recalibrate my "Is this expensive?" meter.

Last edited:
Last edited: