Lamborghini Club Switzerland at Meilenwerk Stuttgart

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
So, already pretty nice Saturday got even nicer when about 30 of Sant'Agata's finest arrived to local Meilenwerk.

Normally there's already pretty nice selection of cars on display. Today I counted six F430 Scuderias.

Most of these cars are for sale, in the background there's couple of Wiesmanns.

Lambos arrived in a huge queue.

This was the first time I saw Countach moving.

medium

SV is probably my favourite Diablo, the little kid inside me wants yellow one with big SV decals :D

Then some random cars spotted in the area:

medium

This one is for public.

medium

I haven't even heard of Isdera Spyder 036i before, but I remember there was Isdera Commendatore in Need for Speed 2.

medium

Oh, there was racing version of the MC12 behind a glass, so I couldn't take a picture.

medium

Last edited:
Everything looks so tame compared to that rough and oldschool countach, like "im here, im slow and loud, but i look a damnsight cooler than most of you kids" :lol:

can we has slightly higher res versions to appreciate the shiny cars, 800x533 doesnt do some of them justice with nice shots :)

Well, if you click like 5 times on flickr, you get the big pictures...

that's 5 clicks per picture :/

Yeah, Countach is just awesome.

All the ones in flickr should 1920 x 1280, but the whole set and some more can be found here with the same 1920 x 1280 resolution.

Hmm, apparently I can change the resolution of the pictures quite easily, I'll edit it in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
\o/ thanks so much

One of the Diablos had mysterious "SV GTR" badge and a bodykit. After some googling I found out that such a aftermarket modification exists.

small

small

Cars in the pictures have different roof scoops, but the text mentions the first one, painted silver, had different roof. And I took one picture of the interior, and there is a text "Garage Affolter, N? 1". So what's special about it?

Quad-turbo charged, 670hp...

Awesome. But why the hell did he need quad-turbos? The elusive Diablo VTTT (twin turbo) was pumping out 750hp. And it was factory built.

the headlight surround looks quite ugly :/

Yeah, I'm not fan of the bodykit, usually Lambos are pretty and awesome straight from the factory. I guess quad turbos are just because it sounds more awesome than twin turbo? Just like Bugatti EB110.

Awesome. But why the hell did he need quad-turbos? The elusive Diablo VTTT (twin turbo) was pumping out 750hp. And it was factory built.

More turbos are always better!
(waiting for someone to build a car with a turbo for each cylinder)

Nice pics. Love the way some old supercars just used stuff from cheap commuter cars to keep the costs down. IIRC old Lotus Esprits use taillights from AE86 Corollas and the Isdera looks like it has taillights from a W190 Merc. :D

Why does anyone need more than one? :)

Dr.Kamiya said:

Behold...V8 with 8 turbos. Not factory built though.

incin9.jpg

Nice pics. Love the way some old supercars just used stuff from cheap commuter cars to keep the costs down. IIRC old Lotus Esprits use taillights from AE86 Corollas and the Isdera looks like it has taillights from a W190 Merc. :D

Why does anyone need more than one? :)

Yeah, cost cutting can be made invisibly or like the Isdera, rather more openly :D I'd guess W123 lights?

With more than one turbos you can use sequential turbos, so smaller for lower revs and bigger for higher revs. Small turbos are strangling with high RPMs and higher gas flow, but bigger turbos have lag in lower RPMs, really big ones might even require quite a lot of revs to spool, which means they don't really do any work before certain gas low is achieved, like if you've seen the "Fiat Stilo versus Lancer Evo FQ400" from Top Gear. It had nothing to do with turbo lag, but trying to accelerate the Evo under the rpm where the turbo begins to work. You can also use two similarly sized turbos so you can use smaller, with lower RPM spooling turbos, which still flow well enough at high engine RPM under full throttle.

Last edited:
Yeah, cost cutting can be made invisibly or like the Isdera, rather more openly :D I'd guess W123 lights?

With more than one turbos you can use sequential turbos, so smaller for lower revs and bigger for higher revs. Small turbos are strangling with high RPMs and higher gas flow, but bigger turbos have lag in lower RPMs, really big ones might even require quite a lot of revs to spool, which means they don't really do any work before certain gas low is achieved, like if you've seen the "Fiat Stilo versus Lancer Evo FQ400" from Top Gear. It had nothing to do with turbo lag, but trying to accelerate the Evo under the rpm where the turbo begins to work. You can also use two similarly sized turbos so you can use smaller, with lower RPM spooling turbos, which still flow well enough at high engine RPM under full throttle.

Oops, meant to say W201 but I guess W123 might be right.

On turbos, sequential turbos is of course a thing of it's own but when talking about using equal turbos, it's pretty much useless using multiple turbos IMO. The general rule of thumb is a turbo per cylinder bank. You can get a single to work like smaller twins and vice versa as long as you match the turbo specs. Multiple turbos per cylinder bank just bring issues with packaging and setup. But of course "twin turbo" or "quad turbo" is better for marketing than just "turbo". :)

DSC00479.jpg

from what i've been told, these are 4 turbo's found in smart cars, bolted to an EVO-head, and each having their own throttle body...