• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Lamborghini Diablo on the show

musclehead24

New Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
3
Did they ever have a segment with the Lamborghini Diablo in one of the old Top Gear episodes? If so does anybody know which one?
 
I don't think too many people have seen the pre-2002 episodes. :(
 
Viper007Bond said:
I don't think too many people have seen the pre-2002 episodes. :(

Yeah I'm downloading the old ones now to see. They are all from around 1990 right? I think the first ever Diablo came out in 1990.
 
In one of Jeremys own videos:

There is a cool segment with Jeremy and Mr. Bilbao, chief test driver for Lamborghini.

It starts off with the last segment, Jeremy is saying: "they're maniacs, they should be taken off the road!" (...) Chief test driver Bilbao arrives in a yellow Diablo, and stops 1 cm. in front of Jeremys legs; "you are certifiable. You know, I've been out with M. Shumacher" (etc.) .... and then gets his ass beaten in the car. Prolly the coolest segment EVER!

haz
 
Oh yeah, that was a kickass clip! :D That was a v5 or 6 Diablo.
 
Viper007Bond said:
Oh yeah, that was a kickass clip! :D That was a v5 or 6 Diablo.

v5 or 6 ??

haz
 
Clarkson once did a race in a diablo vs a MK2 Golf GTI, I just can't tell if it has been on Top Gear, I've only got a clip...

Edit: I can't seem to find that particular clip, but I've got another one here where JC compares the Diablo SE to the Bugatti EB110, at least the filename says "Top Gear"... ;)

Edit II: I found the clip, there is a Miura, a Countach and a Diablo in it. Anybody wants? :)
 
haz said:
Viper007Bond said:
Oh yeah, that was a kickass clip! :D That was a v5 or 6 Diablo.

v5 or 6 ??

haz
As in 5th or 6th generation.

Or am I full of shit?
 
Oh, I was thinking 6.0 = 6th gen, but I just realized it's more likely engine size.
 
jensked said:
Viper007Bond said:
As in 5th or 6th generation.

Or am I full of shit?

No you're not, there are indeed several generations Diablo
http://www.lambocars.com/dia/model.htm

OMG, I never knew there were THAT many versions of the Diablo:


* Prototype
* P132, early prototypes
* Diablo Roadster prototype




* Production
* Diablo (1990 - 1998)
* Diablo VT (1993 - 1998)
* Diablo SE 30 (1994)
* Diablo SV (1995 - 1998)
* Diablo VT Roadster (1995 - 1998)


* Diablo VT (1999)
* Diablo SV (1999)
* Diablo VT Roadster (1999)
* Diablo GT (1999)


* Diablo VT 6.0 (2000)
* Diablo Millennium Roadster (2000)
* Diablo VT 6.0 Special Edition (2001)




* Special 'Factory' Diablo's
* Diablo SV-R
* Diablo GTR
* Diablo SE Jota edition
* Diablo SV Roadster
* Diablo Alpine edition
* Diablo SV Monterey edition
* Diablo VT Roadster Momo Edition


* The Malcolm Forbes Diablo
* Diablo VT-R
* Diablo Roadster VT-R
* Diablo GT1
* Diablo GT2
* Diablo GT2 (2002)
* Diablo SVS
* Diablo SE Corsa and Jota P-series
* Diablo VS 'Victoria's Secret' special




* Tuning
* Diablo VTTT / VT Twin Turbo
* Diablo S-SV
* Diablo SE 'Christian Lassen'
* Diablo VT eXtreme
* Diablo Supercharged SV
* Diablo Supercharged VT Alpine Edition
* Diablo by Koenig
* Diablo Strosek
* Diablo Hermidas Tuning
* Racetec Diablo Tuning


* Diablo Jota Americana by Al Burtoni


* Affolter Diablo Evolution
* Affolter Diablo Roadster
* Affolter Diablo Evolution GT-1
* Affolter Diablo Evolution GTR
* Affolter Diablo Evolution GTR Le Mans


* Diablo EVA 30 Special
* Diablo SE30 Roadster
* Diablo Twin Turbo Lotec by Gemballa
* Rinspeed Diablo
* Diablo Coatl special

:shock:

haz
 
haz said:
In one of Jeremys own videos:

There is a cool segment with Jeremy and Mr. Bilbao, chief test driver for Lamborghini.

It starts off with the last segment, Jeremy is saying: "they're maniacs, they should be taken off the road!" (...) Chief test driver Bilbao arrives in a yellow Diablo, and stops 1 cm. in front of Jeremys legs; "you are certifiable. You know, I've been out with M. Shumacher" (etc.) .... and then gets his ass beaten in the car. Prolly the coolest segment EVER!

haz

Balboni ;)

and :shock: @ the Diablos list.
 
haz said:
In one of Jeremys own videos:

There is a cool segment with Jeremy and Mr. Bilbao, chief test driver for Lamborghini.

It starts off with the last segment, Jeremy is saying: "they're maniacs, they should be taken off the road!" (...) Chief test driver Bilbao arrives in a yellow Diablo, and stops 1 cm. in front of Jeremys legs; "you are certifiable. You know, I've been out with M. Shumacher" (etc.) .... and then gets his ass beaten in the car. Prolly the coolest segment EVER!

haz

What is the name of this video? Thanks.
 
bihus said:
haz said:
In one of Jeremys own videos:

There is a cool segment with Jeremy and Mr. Bilbao, chief test driver for Lamborghini.

It starts off with the last segment, Jeremy is saying: "they're maniacs, they should be taken off the road!" (...) Chief test driver Bilbao arrives in a yellow Diablo, and stops 1 cm. in front of Jeremys legs; "you are certifiable. You know, I've been out with M. Shumacher" (etc.) .... and then gets his ass beaten in the car. Prolly the coolest segment EVER!

haz

Balboni ;)

and :shock: @ the Diablos list.

w00t Bilbao :lol: sry, it's Valentino Balboni of course ...

http://www.timpelen.com/?txt=balboni

some dude wrote; "had no idea Lamborghini was affiliated with this many other cars. Surprised that the Bugatti Veyron uses the Diablo VT's chasis."

Neither did I !!

haz
 
haz said:
bihus said:
haz said:
In one of Jeremys own videos:

There is a cool segment with Jeremy and Mr. Bilbao, chief test driver for Lamborghini.

It starts off with the last segment, Jeremy is saying: "they're maniacs, they should be taken off the road!" (...) Chief test driver Bilbao arrives in a yellow Diablo, and stops 1 cm. in front of Jeremys legs; "you are certifiable. You know, I've been out with M. Shumacher" (etc.) .... and then gets his ass beaten in the car. Prolly the coolest segment EVER!

haz

Balboni ;)

and :shock: @ the Diablos list.

w00t Bilbao :lol: sry, it's Valentino Balboni of course ...

http://www.timpelen.com/?txt=balboni

some dude wrote; "had no idea Lamborghini was affiliated with this many other cars. Surprised that the Bugatti Veyron uses the Diablo VT's chasis."

Neither did I !!

haz

And you were right before that. It doesn't. Besides, it wouldn't make the smallest sense.
 
Top