Lamborghini Egoista

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
http://www.caradvice.com.au/230706/lamborghini-egoista-441kw-selfish-supercar-revealed/

The Lamborghini Egoista has been unveiled in Italy, taking the brand?s reputation for extreme models one step further.

Revealed at a ceremony in Sant?Agata marking the end of the Lamborghini 50th anniversary grand tour, the Lamborghini Egoista is designed as ?a gift from Lamborghini to Lamborghini?.

Penned by Volkswagen Group?s head of design Walter De Silva, the Egoista pays homage to Lamborghini?s trait of being made with passion and heart more than with the head.

?This is a car made for one person only, to allow them to have fun and express their personality to the maximum.

?It is designed purely for hyper-sophisticated people who want only the most extreme and special things in the world.

?It represents hedonism taken to the extreme, it is a car without compromises, in a word: egoista (selfish).?

Made from aluminium and carbonfibre, and powered by a 441kW 5.2-litre V10 engine borrowed from the Gallardo, the Lamborghini Egoista is a single-seat supercar inspired by the world of aviation, specifically the Apache attack helicopter.

Featuring a special antiradar material, removable cockpit section that can be ejected in an emergency, automatically operated aerodynamic flaps rather than fixed spoilers, two roof-mounted lights (red and green), orange anti-glare glass, and a head-up display unit, the Egoista takes the theme very seriously.

This is culminated with the exit procedure that requires ?pilots? to ?remove the steering wheel and rest it on the dashboard, open the dome with an electronic command, stand up in their seat, sit down on a precise point of the left-hand bodywork, then swivel their legs 180 degrees from the inside of the cockpit to the outside of the vehicle?. Only at this point can drivers touch the ground and stand up.

While the exterior is aimed at mirroring the profile of a bull with its horns lowered preparing to charge, the interior is focused on functionality with a racing seat, four-point harness, and stylised open-wheel-type steering wheel.

?It is a fanatical vehicle?, De Silva said. ?Egoista fits it well.?

The Lamborghini 50th anniversary grand tour saw 350 cars and 700 people from 29 countries drive 1200km from Milan to Bologna to celebrate 50 years of the Raging Bull.

Lamborghini-egoista.jpg
lamborghini_egoista_three_quarter_back_view.jpg
lamborghini-egoista-concept-car-1.jpg
lamborghini-egoista-concept-car-3.jpg

:blink:

There's a GT90 vibe about it which isn't a bad thing. It really does look more like a sci-fi prop than a car which is what Lambos are for. And that interior is just screaming at me to say on target. But then I think of the name and have to tell myself to don't get cocky, even if the great car is one in a million.

[video=youtube;wvOIA-Qk-64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wvOIA-Qk-64[/video]

I was reading about this on Jalopnik earlier, apparently it got a lot of hate on there. I can't think why though, it's like a batmobile combined with a fighter jet combined with an F1 car, and it has orange bits.

I was reading about this on Jalopnik earlier, apparently it got a lot of hate on there. I can't think why though

Probably because it's ugly. I still like it, though, since the whole cockpit (ejection option, orange glass, crazy entrance/exit procedure) is off the wall and mental in all the ways that a Lambo is supposed to be. I have a feeling they'll chicken out and not actually offer it for sale, though.

I read somewhere that its intended to just be a birthday gift from the company to the company, and not a product to be actually put up for sale. I'm sure some oil sheik will offer $5million to buy it though.

picard-facepalm.jpg

First the Veneno and now this..."Go home Lambo, you're drunk."

Last edited:
God bless Lamborghini. And I LOVE the name. Brilliant.

I for one am shocked that Lambo has produced something so vulgar and pointless.
Its time for a return to their traditional roots of sensible farm machinery.

(This car is fucking awesome. I couldn't think of a single situation that you would drive it, by awesome none the less)

I like that Lambo does a more agressive styling with their cars, but this thing is just ugly. Sorry, me no likey. At all.

It seems someone inside Lamborghini is constantly trying to tell the world that they're not just making jumped up Audi TTs. :D :lol: I love it, kudos Lambo. For being batshit insane.