Spied: Lamborghini Hurac?n (Gallardo replacement)

Doesn't look at good as the Aventador, I think. Which sells more, though? If it's the Gallardo, then it's a good replacement that will attract more sales.

I realize how little my opinion matters to Lamborghini since I'm certainly not buying one any time soon, but if I could actually afford one, I wouldn't get it. I love the looks, the heritage, the V10... but I'm very sad to see Lambo going down the Ferrari path and no longer offering three pedals. I wish more people would realize how irrelevant Nurburgring lap times and shift speeds are.

Reactions: TC
Yes, but the market is moving away from manual cars. Not to mention it offers cruising/potting around town when you want, and simplicity. It's not about lap times or shift speed, but the technology being available that offers much better. Why not use it?

Somewhere else a comment pointed out that the front looks like two tiny arms, feeding the car, and I cannot unsee it. :|

Last edited:
These are definitely the official pictures, TopGear.com also has the story.

Somebody should change the thread title. The official name is "Huracan", pronounced ?Ooh-ra-cahn'.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention that it looks stunning, has the right numbers and leading technology. Well done, a very nice evolution.

Last edited:
I realize how little my opinion matters to Lamborghini since I'm certainly not buying one any time soon, but if I could actually afford one, I wouldn't get it. I love the looks, the heritage, the V10... but I'm very sad to see Lambo going down the Ferrari path and no longer offering three pedals. I wish more people would realize how irrelevant Nurburgring lap times and shift speeds are.

Absolutely. If I could afford a new Lambo right now, it would be this one:

If VAG wants this car to appeal to those who desire a Driver's Car, then they need a RWD model with a gateshift. There needs to be some Italian car company that still offers a gateshift manual, even if it is German.

Last edited:
I like it.

I think it looks great, especially from the side and rear view.

Yes, but the market is moving away from manual cars. Not to mention it offers cruising/potting around town when you want, and simplicity. It's not about lap times or shift speed, but the technology being available that offers much better. Why not use it?
Better what, exactly? I think a true manual is better. To each his own, absolutely, but I honestly do prefer three pedals. Porsche PDK is undeniably brilliant but... I'd still rather have that third pedal. Call me old school but manufacturers should offer both, not just one.

Bloody hell that's a good looking car.

Tell that to the salesmen who have been pushing "auto boxes" for years.

I'll take 5 please! I'd like to sit them in my driveway and just look at them.

The Lamborghini Hurac?n. Me gusta.

(I suppose we should get a mod to change the thread title)