Spied: Lamborghini Hurac?n (Gallardo replacement)

Looks amazing. It's fast, bonkers/futuristic-looking and still manages to get (according to the Lamborghini website and a unit converter) 25 mpg on the highway. If I had a zillion dollars, I'd be peeling some off as we speak. The lack of a true manual is a bit sad, but given that Lamborghini is a VW brand and VW is one of the few companies that get flappy paddles right, I'm not TOO sad.

Last edited:
I never liked the original Gallardo - it was a massive disappointment after the magnificent looking Cala concept. Maybe it's just me, but this looks a lot more like the Cala. Just add a rear wing.

I think it's beautiful. Much less flamboyant aggression than the Aventador...which is nice.

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Just got back from TX2K14, guess it's only a matter of time before Underground Racing gets their hands on these and replace all the TT Gallardos that were running around haha

Well, that just has so much want-factor. Lamborghini-bonkers in a more restrained way than the Aventador.

I just noticed that the Huracan has a number of details that are extremely similar to the late Lotus Esprit Concept:

lotus-esprit_100324231_l.jpg

13087426514_71898c00db_b.jpg

Especially apparent to me is the engine-inlet detailing. That very pronounced shape is essentially the same on both cars. I wonder if the designer is the same?