LAPD Testing Pontiac G8

Actually, you can fit more shit into a Crown Vic. The city here, (Moore, OK) use a mixture of both Crown Vics and Chargers, and every cop I talk to (a lot, comes from working at a gas station) prefers the Crown Vic over the Charger. Apparently, the charger has a bad habit to go from understeer to snap oversteer quite easily, and when the cop is least expecting it. Also, disregarding the sheer horsepower of the Charger, they like the Crown Vic's power delivery better, too.
Hmm, I had heard the front seat was a lot more comfortable and roomy from what I read in the reviews.

And here's the kicker. VICPOL unmarked cars have regular plates. Only marked and semi-marked have Govt plates. What's this flash bulb you speak of? Camera cars?? They're operated by private companies in a garden variety of models.

I've made a habit of spotting camera cars quite easily here in Adelaide. As far as I can tell, they're all BA Falcon Wagons and they're always on LPG. If I see a BA Falcon wagon parked, I slow the hell down!

I've made a habit of spotting camera cars quite easily here in Adelaide. As far as I can tell, they're all BA Falcon Wagons and they're always on LPG. If I see a BA Falcon wagon parked, I slow the hell down!

Yeah, they also tend to be dark blue, and if you're driving at night you can just watch for the reflective 'speed cameras save lives' sign placed 200 metres in front. Some can be parked in pretty illogical spots as well. Like why would that Falcon Wagon be parked on a verge on MNR when there's no shops nearby, no immediate intersections, etc :p

OH please, PLEASE buy the shit out of these LA. I would love to get my hands on an ex-g8 gt cruiser. Especially since they are always dirt cheap and actually well maintained.

Awh HELL YEAH.

VE1%20(2).jpg

victorianpoliceholdenvesscommodore3.jpg

victorianpoliceholdenvesscommodore4.jpg

VE1.jpg

VE1%20(30).jpg

:D

And here's the kicker. VICPOL unmarked cars have regular plates. Only marked and semi-marked have Govt plates. What's this flash bulb you speak of? Camera cars?? They're operated by private companies in a garden variety of models.

You can pick them a mile away. Bog standard with 3 aerials on the rear window.

Unmarked cars in my town have red plates I'm pretty sure, but the easiest way to pick them is the two fellas with high visiblilty vests on in the front seats. :)

These days around here all the speed cameras seem to be big blue mercedes vans.
Mercedes_Sprinter_aussen.jpg

Or Patrols.
Patrol-749338.jpg

Not sure why.
(Patrol bloody got me...grrr...)
I remember when you could always spot the unmarked cars cause they wouldn't have alloys.
These days it's a little harder: a Blue Aurion and a white FPV.