Last movie you saw?

Yes, some things are not factually right with the tracks (didn't notice on cars) but it's not relevant.

If that's how you feel what the hell are you doing on the internet? :shakefist:

Jack Reacher

Jack-Reacher-after-credits-large.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/

I have to say I can see why many didnt like this, but I have to say that I did. I liked how "calm" the movie was and the only real problem for me was Rosamund Pike.

Rating = 7/10

Yeah I didn't mind it either. Plus I want to boink Rosamund Pike.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 8.5 out of 10. For some reason everyone of us that saw the movie felt 'better' after seeing it.

The Worlds End - 7 out of 10. Enjoyed it but not as good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead.

Catching Fire - 6 out of 10. Everything was happening elsewhere in the Districts.

Her

10/10 - absolutely beautiful film. Spike Jonze hit that one out of the park.

The Rear Window

So I wasn't too sure whether I'd like this or not. Its an old film (1954) and I don't seem to enjoy old ones as much. But hey its a masterpiece, right? Well yes and no I'd say. For the era, yes it is very well made. But the storyline is a piece of shit. Different audiences I know; it takes much more to shock a modern crowd, but still. Say what is happening all the way through then that is exactly what happened...? Would have been better if they had actually provided a half decent opposing thread other than 'pfft can't be murder'; even that only lasted a few seconds. Nevertheless it is a decently made film and the acting wasn't too bad. Its just more a bad comedy film than a mystery/thriller.

3.5/10, but maybe it was an 8 back in its day.

Memento (Chronological Order)

NB: I have seen the original before, but for a second viewing I thought I'd watch it in the chronological order.

I'm amazed at how good a film it still is when everything (in theory) should be playing out in a massively obvious way. This is a masterpiece of a film; it works brilliantly forwards or backwards. :lol: No its not as good as the mindfuck original, but maybe that's because I know how it ends. Or begins. Or...wait...

Original: 9/10
Chronological: 7.5/10

Rear Window is a bit lame. North by North West is much better.

Rear Window is a bit lame. North by North West is much better.
And what's the one with the dead bloke in the village? That one's hilarious.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Not bad, way better then the first which didn't leave much of an impression. Now I'm kind of looking forward to Mockingjay

Have they finished principal photography? You know, with the actor who played Plutarch Heavensbee dying... :/

Have they finished principal photography? You know, with the actor who played Plutarch Heavensbee dying... :/

Yeah, found out a few hours after watching.
Not sure on the Mockingjay thing.

Random article quote
He was in the midst of shooting The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (production on Mockingjay Part 1 wrapped last year).

Last edited:
wikipedia said:
Philip Seymour Hoffman, the actor who portrays Plutarch Heavensbee, was found dead on February 2, 2014. At the time of his death, he had completed filming his scenes for Part 1, and had a week left of shooting for Part 2. Lionsgate released a statement stating that due to the majority of Hoffman?s scenes being completed, the release date for Part 2 will not be affected.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Not bad, way better then the first which didn't leave much of an impression. Now I'm kind of looking forward to Mockingjay
Saw it last week. Was surprised by how much I liked it since the first movie of the franchise didn?t exactly set me on fire ... they focused on much more interesting aspects this time and the characters were not as bland as last time around. 7.5/10

Enders Game

Saw the ending coming 60 minutes in without having spoilered myself beforehand. :rolleyes: But the movie has it?s moments and poses some interesting Questions. It?s by no means bad, but also not really good. It?s a movie you can watch when you run out of other movies ... but not one you?ll really want to go and see ... 6/10

Hobbit 2 - Smaug

I?m not happy at all with the Hobbit-movies so far. The Characters are flat, the plot is not exactly pulling me out of the seat and it just feels like a LOTR Fanservice half the time. Action and Visuals are top notch, but that is all this has going for it. At the end, I was glad it was over. I think it may have been a big mistake making this into 3 Movies, rather than 2 ... 6/10

Silver Linings Playbook

Really liked that one. Propperly good, well filmed, great cast and a story that?s neither boring or over the top. Well deserves all the praise and awards it?s gotten. 9/10

Chinese Zodiac aka CZ12

Armour of God reboot? I don't fucking think so.
It's too long, makes little sense and is a terrible movie.

Rating 4/10.

Somhow it's the 3rd highest grossing Chinese film in China.

Tomorrow night it's Police Story 2013... the second Police Story reboot. :mad: