Last movie you saw?

And onwards;
Grand Budapest Hotel

All I can say for this one is cameo, cameo, cameo. One of the reasons this film works so well I think is that almost every single character is someone ridiculously famous, but it doesn't make a big deal about it. To put it into context; George Clooney has literally a 1.5 second nonspeaking cameo basically as 'man in hotel'. But who cares? Look at the cast list for a better idea;

Exceptionally well filmed; the best style of filmaking I've seen in a hell of a long while (and the best method of differentiating time zones I've ever seen) and even a brilliantly gripping storyline. Even though its stupid. But again, who cares? This isn't a blockbuster; nor does it even know what a blockbuster is. Its perfect. 10/10.

I will certainly be watching more Wes Anderson films. Soon.

Watched it last night on the general recommendation of the forum here, and yeah was pretty good!

If you like that, you should check out Human Centipede 2. It's just like it, only funnier.

Trainspotting. It was quite good.

Captain America 2

Really liked it, set up the series well for the future, and had it's own progression, i just wish they did a bit more exposition on the title of the film, given the length, but maybe that's for the next movie.

Batman: Assault on Arkham

Animated tie in to the game franchise, a good effort, nice to see Kevin Conroy back in voice, but a messy movie. Nice to see they're not holding back with adult themes and conversation in the batman movies, I like the dark and gritty edge theyve taken on. Plot was kind of crap though, a bit more to that and it wouldve been an excellent add on to the games.

Not sure what you're getting at here.

It was just a stupid joke, since they are nothing alike, and it would be funny if someone watched human centipede thinking it would be like a Wes Anderson movie. 'Tis all.

Thanks to the desktop thread i found out there was a new Appleseed movie out.

It's a 7/10 for me. It's a good movie, but not as good as the previous one. GFX didn't appeal me as much. And there wasn't a rls with jap voices, only english dub.

Now off to wikipedia to read where this movie places itself in the big storyline.

The Big Lebowski

After all this years of constant meme use from this movie, I thought it's finally time to watch it. Maybe my expectations were too high (no pun intended). I don't think it's a bad movie, but I don't think it's very good either. In my opinion, the slapstick and all the weird characters do not really ignite, everything seems a bit slow and tame. I believe it is a movie which only really works when you're stoned.

5/10

The Big Lebowski

After all this years of constant meme use from this movie, I thought it's finally time to watch it. Maybe my expectations were too high (no pun intended). I don't think it's a bad movie, but I don't think it's very good either. In my opinion, the slapstick and all the weird characters do not really ignite, everything seems a bit slow and tame. I believe it is a movie which only really works when you're stoned.

5/10

I was like 4/10 when I saw it for the first time. You need to watch it 2 or 3 times to discover those little details that make this movie so awesome...

Now I love it, 10/10.

ted

I had a few slight chuckles...but that was it. Can someone remind me of a movie where Mark Walberg wasn't such a terrible actor as to be completely distracting? I can't think of one.

4/10

Guardians of the Galaxy
While a few lines of dialogue were a little bit awkward, and as such, awkwardly-delivered...and while Gamora's makeup could have been...I don't know...different somehow...it was still an awesome movie, and I'm just nit-picking.

Everything from the music, to the screenplay, to the costumes, casting and effects...it was all pretty brilliant, I think.

9.7/10

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy

...Everything from the music, to the screenplay, to the costumes, casting and effects...it was all pretty brilliant, I think.

9.7/10

Yup! Saw it this morning. Loved it!

Will probably watch it again...

Captain America 2

With Shield gone, what happens to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?
Wheres Hawkeye? He is awful, the only thing he has is Shield...
Wheres Coulson?

I know why they can't get Iron Mans help... however, the end of the world requires The Avengers, surely?

It's alright.

Rating 8/10

CA2 actually falls in during the first season of Agents of SHIELD, so watch the show and you'll get the answer. ;)

The Amazing Spiderman 2

I don't care about the comics, how the fuck did she die?

Rating 6/10.