Last movie you saw?

The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials

Not a bad movie in s?, but it's just missing something.
I like the overarching story of the series, but they just explain to few things. Like why they were in the maze in the first place, and what the fuck happend to the world.

6/10

Spectre

Who needs cars built by anything other than British manufacturers anyway?

I enjoyed it.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Fuck yes.

Mli1mLg.gif

cLtRqUo.gif

tumblr_mu26v7zERM1qh123ho1_500.gif

tumblr_nvye9aZ8zh1sbqrlmo1_400.gif

The Martian

Liked it a lot. Felt a bit like "let?s keep funding space-programs"-propaganda at times and I was expecting a little "this movie was brought to you by Nasa" mention by the end .... but ... I liked it anyway. And hey, let?s keep funding space-programs, potatoes everywhere! No, you shut up now, Ireland!

8/10

Crimson Peak

The last half hour can?t cash the cheque the rest of the film was writing. Awesome visuals, great build-up, disappointing conclusion.

6/10

Inside out

Having read the films synopsis, I was very skeptical about it. This read like a stupid idea Pixar should not have made into a movie. So I was quite surprised that this Film is actually good. Would definitely go see it with some kids.

8/10

The Martian. If you come in with knowledge about science and space travel, it will be incredibly tense.

9/10

I really liked the first act. Then it got progressively more absurd and disappointing.

Aw hell. Like Skyfall?

Ah hem

My mum said "I wanna see the Man from Uncle, I used to watch the TV show. Whats it like?"
"It's the worst film i've ever seen."
"But, Guy Richie makes good films?"
"..."

They watched it. "That was wooden as fuck, I stopped watching it halfway through. It was the worst film I've ever seen"

I'm not saying my mum is Barry Norman, but I agree. :p

Not like Skyfall. It was better than that. Well I thought so at least.
Hmm. Well, I'll watch it anyway.

Ah hem

My mum said "I wanna see the Man from Uncle, I used to watch the TV show. Whats it like?"
"It's the worst film i've ever seen."
"But, Guy Richie makes good films?"
"..."

They watched it. "That was wooden as fuck, I stopped watching it halfway through. It was the worst film I've ever seen"

I'm not saying my mum is Barry Norman, but I agree. :p
Ah, so it runs in the family.

Ant-Man

I don't buy Paul as a criminal, the reason Michael picked him is stupid and makes no sense.
I'm sorry, Falcon is how you tie him to the Avengers? :lol: I would have accepted Hawkeye... and Hawkeye sucks and isn't an Avenger, but he's better than Falcon.
I loved the briefcase and train scenes.
I wouldn't expect to see Nick Fury, but Coulson woulda been nice.
Like War Machine, it's the suit that makes him super. Anyone could be in the suit, or they could reverse-engineer a billion suits. You need that fluid to run the suit, SHIELD could knock something together.
You need your brain protecting to shrink, but the enlarger thing. Makes the ant big and he has no 'brain protector'
The big and small discs he uses are better than the suit itself, you could do a bombing run and make Hydras headquarters tiny or big depending on how you wanted to fuck them up.
Add the 'stuff' to Iron Mans suit and he's invincible, first thing i'd do as head of Shield is make Hulk a suit.
Why didn't Ant-Man go 'big'?

Rating 8/10 It was funny in parts and better than Avengers 2... but alot of things are better than Avengers 2.

ZssG1Xcl.jpg

Some thoughts.

I think the DB10 was definitely the ugliest Bond car of all time. The front end is just too disproportionate.
The CX75 was pure sex.
Ben Whishaw has greatly improved as Q since Skyfall.
The big villain henchman really reminded me of Jaws. So much so, that I thought his teeth would get knocked out during the train fight as a Jaws origin story.
I was expecting Blofeld to be bald after the explosion. But at least they brought the scar back.
I didn't like the Austin Powers Goldmemberesque twist with Blofeld turning out to be Bond's "brother."
It was refreshing to see a return to the absolutely insane villain lair/HQ. The crater data center was very Blofeldesque.
The fact that C was the bad guy was a little too obvious right from the start.
Ralph Fiennes played a very Bernard Lee M. That is a good thing.
Bond had too many lucky breaks. The light under the wall at Mr. Whites. The mouse running into the hole at L'Americain.
The opening theme is in competition with Quantum of Solace for worst Bond song.

7.5-8/10. I liked it. Definitely the best Craig Bond film. It will be very interesting to see how the series develops with the next actor.

Last edited:
SPECTRE

I can think of only one downside, and that the lack of screentime for Monica Bellucci.

9/10

Equilibrium 2002

Always enjoyed this movie. Over the top and silly, but a lot of fun. And I find it hilarious the huge disparity between critic ratings and audience ratings on RT.

equilibrium.jpg

Pretty much sums up the uselessness of critics...

I too like Equilibrium. But I can't get my head around that despite the premise of completely suppressing emotions, people still live together as families.

How else would the kids get raised or even produced?

I think it would be to great of a stretch for most people to see things that different from reality.