Last movie you saw?

I'm consistently of the opinion that Aston Martin's from a parallel universe that has absolutely nothing to do with our own.

I think the problem with Covenant goes back to Prometheus and the conflicting ideas surrounding it.

From my understanding, when Ridley Scott first pitched the movie to Fox, it was supposed to be a full-on Alien prequel. The studio, on the other hand, wanted it to be a standalone, original work, thinking that the Alien franchise was dead after the sub-par performance of the Alien vs. Predator movies. Scott, however, continued to push to have Prometheus share the same universe as Alien. The end result was that Prometheus was not on the same timeline as Alien...but also, kind of was in an alternate universe sort of way? So Covenant is left in a weird spot in that it's a sequel to a movie that supposedly takes place in an alternate universe, but is now trying to merge it back into the original Alien universe without creating conflicts.

...yeah...

I personally liked Covenant. It has problems, don't get me wrong, but I still enjoyed it and I'm curious to see where Scott takes the story from here...

War Machine (2017)

Quite quirky this. Still not convinced about Brad Pitt in the main role. Yes, it's a satire but that was too hammy. Some other characters were great: Anthony Michael Hall for example as Major General Pulver was pure awesome and very intense. Fell out of the movie a few times when it tried to be more of a comedy (Ben Kingsley was just playing Ben Kingsley) and every time that damn narration came on (FFS it's a movie not a audiobook!) but all in all I was in for it. 6/10

Source Code (2011)

Pretty good. Solid scifi suspense flick.

Alien covenant: I liked it. I understood it more than Prometheus, but I think Prometheus may have been the better movie-going experience.

Dr. Strange: Damn, I really really liked that. The big Show Me What You Got guy was a bit...meh...but I really enjoyed the rest.

Star Wars Rogue One: I liked a lot of it. I actually feel like they could have played up the "sacrifice" ending even more for a bigger emotional impact. Now I can finally see IV, V, VI and TFA.

You cannot seriously have never seen the original trilogy?

Nope. I've seen much of it in parts, I feel like I get all the references in the Family Guy and Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes, and Spaceballs is one of if not #1 favorite movies.

I'm watching them in the timeline of their story. I just finished the last prequel last month.

Last edited:
Dr. Strange: Damn, I really really liked that. The big Show Me What You Got guy was a bit...meh...but I really enjoyed the rest.

I got that Netflix notification too. :p

I enjoyed it, but all these Marvel movies are wearing me down I think. Too many witty protagonists with their one-liners.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men

Yeah, another pirates movie. Again, not even near the greatness of the first. But I still like the characters so enjoyed it anyway.

I gave the 4DX cinema a try. I liked the rain effects and seat effects (things protruding from the chair and pops of air when bullets are shot). - Also the movement of the seats was cool.

For 21$ a pop I really wouldn't go again unless I was taking someone just to show them or if it was a movie that would really benefit from the added dimensions. I'm quite happy going back to my normal cinema with the recliners and picking screenings that don't require 3D glasses.

The Man With The Golden Gun

This is why Sir Roger is the best Bond.

And this is why, when people read your thoughts on movie/TV, their heads are full of fuck. Behind A View to a Kill it's probably the worst Bond movie in the canon, although Quantum of Solace would give it a run for its money. At least Quantum has the US Writer's strike as an excuse.

In other news, I finally got around to rewatching Serenity. For some reason it just didn't work for me first time around but this time I enjoyed it immensely - it's basically a Western set in space after all! I will be making an effort to catch a ton of Firefly in the near future.

Sadly, there is only the one season, Serenity, and some graphic novels.

In other news, I finally got around to rewatching Serenity. For some reason it just didn't work for me first time around but this time I enjoyed it immensely - it's basically a Western set in space after all! I will be making an effort to catch a ton of Firefly in the near future.

Sadly, there is only the one season, Serenity, and some graphic novels.
This. :(

That said, if you enjoyed Serenity you'll likely enjoy The Expanse as well. Granted, the episodes aren't self-contained so you just want to watch the next episode immediately and it's not Space Western, more like Space Noir, but still...

Reactions: MWF
Space Noir is good.

Wonder Woman, really enjoyed it best of this new set of DC films. Hopefully they can keep it up for Justice League but I'm doubtful

And this is why, when people read your thoughts on movie/TV, their heads are full of fuck. Behind A View to a Kill it's probably the worst Bond movie in the canon
Sorry, you misspelled "Moonraker".

Eh, Moonraker was cheesy fun, effectively a remake of Spy Who Loved Me in space; Man with the Golden Gun was just bad and full of missteps. Also a huge waste of Christopher Lee, who deserved better.