Last movie you saw?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Tomorrowland.

Might be a bit twee and hippy for some of our regular viewers but we enjoyed it immensely. George Clooney appeared happy to take a less than central role and allow his two female costars, both of whom were excellent, to drive the movie. Definitely better than the IMDB rating or box office numbers would suggest.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Should watch it again, yes. Got Directors cut on DVD, which one is the best one to watch though, there are, like, 7 versions :D

7 versions? Damn it, I own the 5 disc "complete collector's edition" and you are telling me there are more versions I am getting cheated out of??? WTF? :p

Interrobang

Forum Addict
You want the final cut.
What you really want, is the book.

My perception of the movie has drastically changed after I read the book - and for the worse. I am usually not one of these 'you gotta read the book' snobs, but 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' is so much more than the movie that is just loosely based on it. I am honestly not too optimistic about the current movie (but will prob still go see it anyways), I'd rather see a real 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' movie being made.

pete8475

Car(s)
1999 Volvo S80 T6. 1990 Chevrolet C10
I watched Kelly's Heroes last night.

I've probably seen it a dozen times now and it still holds up.

GRtak

Forum Addict

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Blade Runner: Final Cut (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyz9bnKITY). Saw it for the first time with my girlfriend who's a huge fan of Dick. Now I am too; need to read the book now, as she tells me that the movie glosses over many of its details.
I've enjoyed Dick since I was about 12. I enjoy watching Dick but the stuff you can read is so much more satisfying and feels less like you haven't had your full dose of Dick.

Also a huge fan of Zelazny, Heinlein and to a certain extent Asimov. And the little known Randall Garrett - recommend "Unwise Child" if you want to check out his writing.

And I never could understand why no Hollywood studio has ever optioned "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison. Those books have "movie franchise" written all over them.

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
S203 M271 and a ton of crap
Just came back from the theater. Fantastic.

? Respected the original
? CCCP is a thing
? Peter and the wolf
? PEUGEOT
? Long takes
? Brutalism
? Bits of Vangelis

- - - Updated - - -

I've always loved Alien 3. One of the few movies that genuinely scared me when I was a kid.
It is perhaps unjustly dismissed. I like it a lot.

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Blade Runner 2049.

Holy fuck. There are no words. ?/10
So now the full scale amongst my friends is complete. :lol:

I went to see it last Sunday with some of my friends. Verdict from that group was from boring to quite good, with various reasons to raise it above meh. :p It didn't feel all that special to me, even if it was technically well made. Can't think of anything that would make me watch it again, but not much I would say to put it down, either.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST

Maybe it was the version I watched, but a lot of scenes really bothered me. The fast action scenes really seemed sped up, the CG looked really terrible, the greenscreens were obvious and some scenes were just generally off. Other than that, it was a pretty good action flick parody of the classic spy film. It was like Sean Connery meets Jason Bourne meets Sterling Archer.
8.5/10