Last movie you saw?

Not that much of a reader, but I am considering giving them a go.
I just don't like reading after movies, couse I imagine all the charachters as the actors.

Please give them a go. When I read them in my early teens, they kept me up until 5 in the a.m. on school days; I could never ever put those bastards down.
And all the characters already having a face isn't such a bad thing in HP's case. It's not like Emma Watson looks like ass, so I don't see a problem. :p

Seen Django. It was magnificent.

12 Monkeys.

Still one of my top 5 movies of all time. Had to watch it again before loaning my DVD to someone at work...

It ranks right up there with Blade Runner in my book.

That is quite an endorsement. heh I think I might try to crank both [Annie Hall and Deconstructing Harry] out this week.
Any watching progress? Would be interested in your opinion.

Not yet, sorry. Been quite busy since then, but this weekend looks open so I'll make a point of it. :)

Django Unchained, wont rate it, still processing it all

:lol: It was a little much for most people, wasn't it. Just right for me, since ideally, I only watch spaghetti westerns.

Re-watched Thelma & Louise recently, that T-bird is absolutely delicious. The women were also alright.

Finished work early today so I went to see Oz: The Great and Powerful. 2 and a half hours of mindless, boring drivel a would have had more fun chewing my arm off.

Avoid, avoid like the plague.

Watched Hot Tub Time Machine the other day. It was about what I expected; somewhat funny all the way through with a few rather good parts. Worth watching if you want to kill some time with silly humor.

On deck for tonight is Rise of The Guardians.

Ok, so I watched both and very much enjoyed both of them. What I love about both films is how introspective they are but as you stated the level of introspection in Deconstructing Harry is a bit darker and for me it was a bit convoluted at times. I guess one could view each film as a kind of deconstruction of Woody: Annie Hall focuses on the deconstruction of his relationship with love while Deconstructing Harry goes broader and analyzes not only his relationship with love but the relationship with his writing and its use to evaluate his mental nature.

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much but Deconstructing Harry certainly delves deeper into the mind of Woody Allen. As a fan, its level of introspection can definitely be appreciated but for the casual viewer I feel they'd find the film a bit twisted and at times overtly egomaniacal (my gf for instance would not have enjoyed this film, though she did enjoy Annie Hall).

Annie Hall is the perfect balance of introspection and love story, something that I think is difficult to pull off, yet Woody did. For that, it deserves great admiration.

A few other insights I had (only if we use Woody's films as an extension of himself, which I think is fair), his later films (2000+) show his comfort with living his life through his characters and the ideal worlds in which they live in (like the epiphany he had in Deconstructing Harry), whether that is true is up for debate. However, there certainly is a departure from the stylistic elements of his earlier films. Films like Vicky Cristina and Midnight are more subtle with their Woody Allen elements and I feel the level of introspection is on a more allegorical level.

Feel free to call me out on this bullshit, I'd like to hear another perspective on his departure from the traditional Woody Allen style. lol :)

I think it is important to remember that "Deconstructing Harry" was written and shot during Woody's messy divorce from Mia Farrow (which was due to the fact that Woody began an affair with the couple's adopted daughter), with child abuse allegations and everything. I think there's a good amount of self-loathing that went into the screenplay.

It's a Tarantino movie. "too much" gore?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I saw Pulp Fiction a while ago, and that was normal compared to this.
I just don't get why he feels the need to make every corpse into a a bloody lawn sprinkler.

I get it with Kill Bill and the homage to old movies, but this was maybe a bit to much. Again, not squeamish, just an opinion.
Still great movie though ;)

But it's a Tarantino movie. It's all aestheticization of violence, as he likes to call it, and overdone gore and blood baths fit right into that.

I went and seen Jurasstc Park (not in 3d though). Took three of my nephews that have not seen it too, and they loved it.

I went and seen Jurasstc Park (not in 3d though). Took three of my nephews that have not seen it too, and they loved it.

I have to admit, I love the Jurassic Park franchise. Loved the books and the films, I even liked the third one.

I really want to go see the re-release in the theater, but I don't think I'll have a free day for a couple weeks. Any idea how long it'll be in the theaters?