Last movie you saw?

Colossus - The Forbin Project (1970)

(the whole movie is on Youtube)
Love these sort of films. Ok, the - how to get your coworker into bed - part was a bit silly, but the rest: Dramatic and awesome.

8/10

I think it is important to remember that "Deconstructing Harry" was written and shot during Woody's messy divorce from Mia Farrow (which was due to the fact that Woody began an affair with the couple's adopted daughter), with child abuse allegations and everything. I think there's a good amount of self-loathing that went into the screenplay.

I didn't realize that, but that is an important note. A friend of mine suggested I check out Allen's biographical documentary as he said it was quite good and interesting. I also have Purple Rose of Cairo that I need to watch... I just might be getting onto an Allen kick...

I have to admit, I love the Jurassic Park franchise. Loved the books and the films, I even liked the third one.

I really want to go see the re-release in the theater, but I don't think I'll have a free day for a couple weeks. Any idea how long it'll be in the theaters?

I have no idea how long it will be in theaters, guess that depends on how well it is doing. But I thought it was worth it to see it on the big screen.

The first two rank amongst my favourite movies and got me reading Michael Crichton. The third one I wasn't so fond of.

Apparently plans for a fourth Jurassic Park are coming along.

Saw Oblivion earlier today. Pretty good and a tad bit predictable in places. On top of that I've never really trusted Tom Cruise after what he did to Jack Reacher.

Plus, get to see Olympus Has Fallen (think Die Hard but with it set in the White House) later tonight. Ah, the joys of working in a cinema.

I thought Jack Reacher was quite good. I haven't read any of the books, but I thought the movie was good. Should see Oblivion this weekend.

Cabin In The Woods at the local University Film Club. My comment on that movie requires only three letters: W, T and F. :D

Amusing detail: The film distribution mistakenly delivered the English version, but I was fine with that. Surprisingly few people were not, so I hope the UFC team gets the message. ;)

I thought Jack Reacher was quite good. I haven't read any of the books, but I thought the movie was good. Should see Oblivion this weekend.

This was the mistake I had made. I had read the books before seeing the film and the Jack Reacher in the books is nothing like the Tom Cruise pretending to be Jack Reacher.

Also just got back from watching Olympus Has Fallen. Pretty much like a modern Die Hard. However with all that's going on along the 38th Parallel at the moment it's a little bit too close for comfort.

Every movie is an actor pretending to be another character. I don't get what your beef with the movie or his performance is. Oh yeah, you haven't said a single thing about it apart from "it sucks". That must be the reason.

Every movie is an actor pretending to be another character. I don't get what your beef with the movie or his performance is. Oh yeah, you haven't said a single thing about it apart from "it sucks". That must be the reason.
I haven't seen Jack Reacher, but from what I know the character in the novels is a blonde, tall, muscular bloke, a massive presence, almost two meters and 120 kilos of muscle and bone. Thus, I can see how people have a problem with Tom Cruise, who is around 1,50 meters tall, not overly muscular and dark-haired playing the character.

And I think it worked better like that. I just don't see the character's personality working with the looks of someone like the Dolf.

No, it's just my opinion about the film. I could give a long further explanation about why but I just really don't give a shit what you think of. One persons masterpiece is another persons turkey.

I'll tell you what my problem with the movie was:

I really liked the first 3/4 of the movie. Really nice set up, good plot development. And then it all collapsed in the final "battle" scene. All of the conspiracy, all the ties, all the suspense...and it ends in a quarry where it turns out it's just an old guy, his goon, and a crooked cop that are behind the entire scheme? It was a very un-climactic and disappointing finale for a movie that was rather good up to that point.

It was how an Arnold movie ends.

Oh I wasn't blaming Cruise - I didn't mind him as an actor. I just disliked the movie for its ending.

I just re-wateched Wayne's World for the first time in at least ten years. And I must say I was surprised how fun it was and that there was nothing I found unbearably bad. And both the soundtrack and Tia Carrere were even better than I remembered.

I got something to add:

I watched The Hunger Games the other night. I remember when the film was coming out being interested in it, since the plot sounded like the sort of fucked up thing I might like. But after it was released I heard many people saying they toned down the violence for the PG13 rating, so I lost interest. So my expectations where nice and low going in and I wasn't disappointed. I'm very interested in reading the books now. Good stuff.