Last movie you saw?

Watched "In Time" tonight. Pretty good movie.

World War Z: Good movie! 8/10

Ted: If you're gonna do a drinking game with this movie, don't involve Flash Gordon in it.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower: Thanks, in part, to Ted, I was too drunk to really bother paying attention to this movie. However, I still can't believe none of them recognised Heroes by David Bowie.

Lone Ranger
Spirit Horse

I was shocked to realise that one of my friends actually strongly disliked The Princess Bride last night. What's wrong with people? That is one of the all-time greats of filmmaking.

Snow white and the huntsman......good god that Kristen Scott Thomas girl really has the charisma of a bag of potatoes, I'm sorry, far be it for me to judge anyone on how they look, but Snow White is supposed to be the fairest of them all right? Ergo a real girl next door kind of drop dead gorgeous and an overpowering charm, sorry but scrawny miss sourlip over there ain't it.

I was shocked to realise that one of my friends actually strongly disliked The Princess Bride last night. What's wrong with people? That is one of the all-time greats of filmmaking.

How can someone strongly dislike it. I can see just not being into it but strongly dislike it WTF?

Just watched Trollhunter. SO GOOD.
I like me a well crafted story that takes its time, and Trollhunter sure goes for the slow burn before it eventually really gets going. Well worth sitting through the slow parts.

It's terminally associated with geekdom.

In support of geeks everywhere Adam Hills last week did an episode of his Australian chat show Adam Hills Tonight (not to be confused with his UK chat show The Last Leg) with A Princess Bride theme.

Saw "Despicable Me 2" today.

I loved the first one, and the sequel didn't disappoint (and I usually believe all the sequel sucks). Really liked it.

Will definitely buy it on BluRay when it becomes available.

It's terminally associated with geekdom.
She claimed that costumes and plot reminded her really bad LARPs (in contrast to the LARPs she attends) so what really amazed me was that it was critique from a LARPing, Doctor Who-watching, Game of Thrones-cookbook-using ueber-geek.

I am a semi-geek (Trek, Tolkien, modern Who and Potter, but not much else) and I didn't like it either. That being said, I've only seen it once and that was back in high school when I was about 14 or 15. I don't remember much about it.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.

The last movie I saw was Man of Steel. My opinion is in the MoS thread.

I am a semi-geek (Trek, Tolkien, modern Who and Potter, but not much else) and I didn't like it either. That being said, I've only seen it once and that was back in high school when I was about 14 or 15. I don't remember much about it.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.

The last movie I saw was Man of Steel. My opinion is in the MoS thread.

You should really re-watch it.

Even if it is just for the initial sword fight between Westley and Inigo. At the time it was the longest sword fight ever filmed plus Elwes and Patinkin did all of the fencing minus the somersaults.

saw Despicable Me 2 this evening, loved it, thought it was better than the first even. not smiled so much during a movie in a long time, lots of laughs as well.

8/10

Bad Santa (2003)

I can't believe it took me 10 years to see this gem. I haven't laughed so hard in my life. 9/10

Total Recall (2012)

Decent sci-fi action flick, but I was bummed out that they cut Mars out of it. Took itself a bit too seriously. Still decent though. 7/10

Bad Santa (2003)

I can't believe it took me 10 years to see this gem. I haven't laughed so hard in my life. 9/10

Classic! :D Billy Bob was just great in it.