Last movie you saw?

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/07/09/public_enemy.jpg

Public Enemies was another one of those movies that I thought looked good in the trailer, but I didn't hear a peep about it after it came out. I always just assumed it was a flop or something. Well I finally got around to seeing last night and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun movie to watch. Not as powerful or meaningful as the Goodfellas or other such similar crime films, but it was still great to watch. Especially if you love the 1930's style crime flicks with well dressed men with nice hats pulling out Tommy guns and blasting them coppers see. There was a lot of good shootouts and lots a awesome vintage cars. I'd recommend it.

8/10

I've been to the cinema to watch "X-Men: First Class" in the original English-language version. And for the first time in an OV showing I've been to, the video track actually matched the audio track, meaning the subtitles in various foreign-language scenes were English, not German.

Anyway, good movie. :)

Transformers 3, dragged a bit, but action flick is action flick

^ I really liked Public Enemies as well! Even if everything else about it sucked, it would have been worth watching just for all the old cars and guns. Also, I loved that it had properly loud gunfire, really added an authentic feel of the whole thing. One of my pet peeves in movies and TV shows is gunshots that sound super fake and way too quiet.

Transformers 1 on BR. It looks great in blu, which is all that matters.

Went to a 3am screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, at IMAX this morning. Probably not necessary to see it in 3D, but a really great way to finish the HP series. Hard to believe I started reading the books 14 years ago...

Horrible Bosses was hilarious.

I want to see that, just to see Colin Ferrel in a combover wig.

Last movie I saw was that talking giant transforming robots one. Will probably catch a matinee of HP7.2 this weekend.

I saw Horrible Bosses too. GREAT FUN! Much, much, much better than that over-hyped crap The Hangover 2.

Blow-up. About art and murder... but it`s hard to describe it in few words. This movie is British to the bone.

Last edited:
It's not a movie, but I watched every episode over a few days, so it felt like one.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/07/14/The-Killing-series-2.jpg

AMC's The Killing. I really enjoyed this show. It was very well done and the story was compelling and instantly hooked me. It came as a surprise, because these sorts of crime dramas don't usually interest me. Anyway, the only thing I didn't like was...
... the ending. I don't want to spoil anything, but I was really hoping the story would come together and everything would be solved by the season finale. And it appeared to be heading that way, but then they threw a curve ball right at the end. I can appreciate cliff hangers, but I don't like the idea of them dragging out the same story for as many seasons as possible. I was hoping they would tie it all together at the end and then start a new investigation on a new crime in the next season. Kinda like what 24 use to do.
But anyway, I give it a 9/10.

Bad Boys BR: Looks pretty good. A young-er Marg Helgenberger is not a pretty sight.

Bad Boys 2: It upscales ok, but when it gets dark the grain is bad. I would never knock 2, it's awesome (Police Story stealing aside), but it's Bad Boys in name only.
Come on Bay, make a fucking BR.

Fight Club.

Definitely wasn't expecting that...

It was very good though.

Dr. No

classic james bond, exactly what i expected since... well, i've seen it a few times before. solid, so i can totally agree with the IMDB rating of 7,3 / 10.
with this i have started rewatching the whole lot, i dont think i'll keep bothering you with the rest of them :p