Last movie you saw?

Iron Man 3

It's good. Better than 2, probably on par with the first.

What's with this trend of you Aussies getting movies 2 weeks earlier than everyone else?

Yep, strange isn't it. We either get them early... or extremely late.

Jurassic Park 3D

Usually I don't bother with money grab stuff, but I really love Jurassic Park. It's one of my earliest movie going experiences I can remember. So to see it on the big screen again was just great. And even though I've seen the film a dozen times, there were details I never noticed and even pieces of dialog I somehow missed.

I went Tuesday morning, hoping for it to not be crowded. I ended up having the whole theater to myself. :lol:

Gotta love being the only one(s) in the theater.

I watched Looper. It was much better than I hoped it would be.

Reactions: TC
Flight.

Pretty good, it's one of the only movies where I have actually said something out loud during the movie. There's a certain scene which really plays with you. Denzel is brilliant.
8/10.

Iron Man 3 8/10. Not as awesome as the Avengers but definitely the best of the Three Iron Man films.

Prometheus

I was really excited about this film last year before it came out, but the less-than-positive reviews put me off seeing it. I found it on bluray for $9 so I decided to give it a chance. There is something to be said about how big an influence your expectations can have, because I really wasn't expecting to like the film, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It wasn't quite as good as the first or second Alien films, but I definitely put it up there well above the third and forth. The only thing I didn't really like was the "twist" with the engineer at the end. Having them become the "bad guys" failed to impress me, but obviously they're setting the film up for a sequel, so who knows.

7/10

Iron Man 3 is the best one yet.
I'll throw in the disclaimer "for me" simply because I really love the fact Shane Black has pretty much ignored the themes and tone of the previous Marvel films and basically cherry picked the best elements of his past work (Lethal Weapon, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Last Boy Scout etc etc) and chucked in some super heroes. I can however understand if anyone is put off by this change in direction.
An extremely entertaining movie that is almost a throwback to the best action comedies of the 80's and early 90's.

Last edited:
Iron Man 3 is the best one yet.
I'll throw in the disclaimer "for me" simply because I really love the fact Shane Black has pretty much ignored the themes and tone of the previous Marvel films and basically cherry picked the best elements of his past work (Lethal Weapon, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Last Boy Scout etc etc) and chucked in some super heroes. I can however understand if anyone is put off by this change in direction.
An extremely entertaining movie that is almost a throwback to the best action comedies of the 80's and early 90's.

That's weird because I thought Iron Man 3 brilliantly adapted and stayed faithful to the the Extremis storyline. I thought the film was more darker and serious than the past 2 Iron Man films.

That's weird because I thought Iron Man 3 brilliantly adapted and stayed faithful to the the Extremis storyline. I thought the film was more darker and serious than the past 2 Iron Man films.

Ditto. But if you simply did the Extremis storyline on its own, you'd have a 20 minute movie.

Prometheus

I was really excited about this film last year before it came out, but the less-than-positive reviews put me off seeing it. I found it on bluray for $9 so I decided to give it a chance. There is something to be said about how big an influence your expectations can have, because I really wasn't expecting to like the film, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It wasn't quite as good as the first or second Alien films, but I definitely put it up there well above the third and forth. The only thing I didn't really like was the "twist" with the engineer at the end. Having them become the "bad guys" failed to impress me, but obviously they're setting the film up for a sequel, so who knows.

7/10

Woah...better than Alien 3???

Ditto. But if you simply did the Extremis storyline on its own, you'd have a 20 minute movie.

True,which is why I'm impressed they were able to expand it so much. They stayed completely faithful to Extremis but also did something of their own too.

Is it OK to read Extremis beforehand jedd? Or does it spoil it?

I'd say you'd be ok to read Extremis before seeing Iron Man 3. It doesn't really spoil much. I'd actually recommend Extremis anyway since it features brilliant artwork by Adi Granov (who went on to help design the look of the Iron Man suits).

Yeah, reading Extremis won't spoil. If anything you'll get some nice geek easter eggs when you watch the movie that you may not otherwise notice.
They already raided Extremis for the updated Iron Man origin arc for the first movie as well.

Easily. I really didn't like Alien 3. Especially the way it started, which I have to forget about in order to enjoy the ending of Aliens.

Have you seen the Director's Cut? It is way better than the theatrical version!

Oh definitely! Though I have to agree with TC that Prometheus, despite its flaws, is better.

I was just reading about it and no, I haven't. The DVD box set I bought last year had the theatrical version, for some reason. I'll try and watch it, but since it's not on Netflix stream or whatever, it'll be a while. I can't see myself spending much money just to see a different cut and a few added scenes.