Last movie you saw?

Iron Man 3. Fucking brilliant, I loved the final battle scene and there were certainly aspects of it which were totally unexpected.

I did forget to watch the post-credit scene, though. :(

Iron Man 3. Fucking brilliant, I loved the final battle scene and there were certainly aspects of it which were totally unexpected.

I did forget to watch the post-credit scene, though. :(

You didn't miss much. It didn't set up anything big.
it's revealed Starks monologue is to Bruce Banner and he nodded off as Stark explained his story

I was just reading about it and no, I haven't. The DVD box set I bought last year had the theatrical version, for some reason. I'll try and watch it, but since it's not on Netflix stream or whatever, it'll be a while. I can't see myself spending much money just to see a different cut and a few added scenes.
Thematically, its practically a different movie. Its worth seeking out.

Iron Man 3, it was awesome.

Just watched Oblivion with some friends. Verdict: An interesting idea with nice visuals ruined by a crappy story with holes the size of texas. 6/10 on a good day, more like a 4-5 actually.

Spider Kingdom staring William Shatner. Every bit as magical as you would expect.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TEutHPsF548[/video]

Iron Man 3. 5/10. I don't know why I find CGI in Jurassic Park or The Matrix and other older movies more believable, but in iron man 3 it didn't feel like it was there to enhance the movie, I felt like it was the movie, that together with countless one-liners. It was entertaining to watch but definitely not a must see unless you really are a fan. Also; the speedtest.net placement was something different alongside AUDI AUDI AUDI.

Last edited:
the speedtest.net placement was something different alongside AUDI AUDI AUDI.
Good point. I was even mildly amused by the "nerdy" product placements (not only speedtest, also Sun/Oracle). The Audi PP, on the other hand, was quite a bit over the top this time.

Not to mention the fact that the huge mainframes in Stark's lab bear king-size SUN/Oracle logos.

Iron Man 3. 5/10. I don't know why I find CGI in Jurassic Park or The Matrix and other older movies more believable, but in iron man 3 it didn't feel like it was there to enhance the movie, I felt like it was the movie, that together with countless one-liners. It was entertaining to watch but definitely not a must see unless you really are a fan. Also; the speedtest.net placement was something different alongside AUDI AUDI AUDI.

Good point. I was even mildly amused by the "nerdy" product placements (not only speedtest, also Sun/Oracle). The Audi PP, on the other hand, was quite a bit over the top this time.

What's kinda funny is how the Iron Man movies had Audis, while The Avengers had Acura PP and Tony was driving that NSX concept instead of an R8.

This was one fucked up movie. Brilliant cinematography (first person, very good music), very good acting by Frodo. Extremely violent at some points...wow. We watched that at home on the big screen and for almost the whole movie no one used a phone or spoke, that is how intense it was. Very fucked up, very very good.

Pretty good horror movie, had some suprise shock moments for some of us :)

aliens-meme.jpeg

Contact (1997 film)
Yes, I know I'm 16 years late, but for a 1997 film, the CGI effects are well done, and they even have LCD monitors for some of the scenes.
The movie was pretty good until towards the end, the ending was lame! This is like the god-child ending that Mass Effect pulled. It essentially explained nothing! If I understand the ending correctly, the image Ellie saw was not actually his dad, but the Vegan (or a hologram left by the now extinct Vegan). But she really didn't see anything, it's like "this is the universe in HD, not like your crappy telescope images", then it sends her back. And how can all the scientists in the inquiry missed the 18 hours of static? I was hoping the big reveal to be more climactic, like maybe the Vegans gives her a cryptic book (or storage device) and now all of mankind will work together to decode it and build more new devices. By the end of the movie it really felt like the half trillion dollar was wasted, because it only let a single human to see her father again.
Anyways, I would give this a 7/10, it had potential, but they wasted it.

Last edited:
Iron Man: Rise of Technovore 4/10

What a waste of a good IP, crap acting, idiotic japanese animation techniques and hideously vague lip sync, clueless storyline, could have been cut to 40 minutes and got the same lacklustre performance across.
Anime can and has done better than this, Gundam and related mecha series are testament to that, this was just a shitty cashgrab on the iron man name.

Stepbrothers 6/10

Will Ferrell and John C Riley are 40 year old, lazy, slackarse stepbrothers living, creepily, in the same bedroom until they're forced to go and get jobs and turn their lives around. Adam Scott plays the nasty younger brother, but I can't take him seriously as a bad guy after his all round nice guy role on Parks and Rec :p

Terminator 3.

2/10

I remember when it came out, lot of people basically said "no, it wasn't as good or as impressive as T2 was, but that would have been an unrealistic expectation. On it's own, it wasn't too bad and I enjoyed it."

I finally saw it. What a terrible, terrible movie. The only saving grace was some of the special effects and the "twist" was at least mildly clever...but The casting was terrible, the screenplay was terrible, the acting a terrible...just...a terrible all-around movie.