Last movie you saw?

So after two attempts of watching 'Wrath of the Titans' and falling asleep twice, I can conclude it's pretty bad.

So its a lot like Clash of the Titans then.

Dr Who and the Daleks...which is hilarious because I've never watched any "real" Dr. Who. Is this worse than the fact that the only entire Star Wars "film" I've seen is the Holiday Special?

The summary from Rifftrax.com:
ATTENTION, WHOVIANS! (For the uninitiated, that is not something Jay-Z yells at the beginning of a song, it?s a name for Doctor Who fans)

Before Matt Smith, before David Tennant, before Christopher Eccleston, before even the scarf and afro guy, there was Peter Cushing. Well, not before, exactly, because this feature-length movie isn?t a canonical part of the Doctor Who universe or storyline. So it?s sort of more adjacent, than before. It?s nearby, if nothing else. Approximate, at least. Like, Dr. Who is in it! But instead of a mysterious Timelord alien, he?s kind of just a confused human grandpa with the last name Who. But he does have a TARDIS! Of course, instead of a disguised alien craft it?s just, like, this junky thing he made with his granddaughter. Oh yeah, he hangs out with his granddaughters. Yeah. But then they travel through space and fight the most classic Dr. Who bad guys of all, the Daleks! Of course, in this imagining of Dr. Who, the Daleks are just some dopey trashcan looking guys with plungers sticking out of ?em that talk funny -- oh, that?s how they still are? Seriously?? PERFECT! IT?S CANON AFTER ALL!

Hit & Run (2012)

Total car nerd movie. I enjoyed it very much. :p For the budget it had, I think they did a pretty good job with it. Lots of cameos of reasonably well known actors and several cool vehicles and chase scenes. The main character was also the writer and director, so he did his own driving and stunts, for the most part. It was an okay flick, but nothing special.

The Great Gatsby.

Amazing. I'd give it a 10/10, but the dialogue editing was a bit iffy at some points, so 9.5/10. :p

The Campaign 8/10, really enjoyed it with the rest of the family. Also watched Blades of Glory, maybe a 7/10, not bad though for some fun.

2D or 3D?

I couldn't actually justify seeing it in 3D, although I heard it's visually great.
I'm going to see it on the weekend I think.

It was only available in 3D. There are a lot of visuals which work with 3D, and it wasn't really IN YOUR FACE 3D like it normally is, but more like as if the silver screen was a window into another world. Movies naturally are just that, and in a lot of the scenes the 3D was made in a way to drive that point further and in some cases it was done to amplify the trippy effects. That said, I would have preferred to see it in 2D only.

10/10?!?! Wow. It made no connection with me. I would applaud the filmakers' technical skill, but as a piece of film as art, it didn't click with me at all. I felt no empathy to any of the characters.

Now You See Me

Now-You-See-Me-Teaser-Poster.jpg

So amusing, I saw it twice in one weekend. Didn't see the twist coming the first time, but the second time I picked up the clues. 9.5/10

Now You See Me

Now-You-See-Me-Teaser-Poster.jpg

So amusing, I saw it twice in one weekend. Didn't see the twist coming the first time, but the second time I picked up the clues. 9.5/10

I found it okay. It just bothered me at the end - what was the benefit for the four horsemen? They became part of some elite league...yeah and so what? They are now international criminals just so that one guy can avenge his father's death.

The Great Gatsby.

Visually.. it's spectacular. The plot was interesting and kept me interested throughout the length of it. I think some of the accents might have been a little off or not as good as they could have been. But yea, DiCaprio brings his truckloads of charisma and really makes the character, Maguire also does a good job. Overall I enjoyed it.

A Good Day To Die Hard

Holy hell what a badly done movie, Moore is an idiot, crap storyline, which is fine, it's a Die Hard movie, but you don't rescue it by saying Jesus Christ and I'm on vacation 20000 times. No memorable action scenes (killing a chopper with a car?) and no real direction. They didn't know CIA was going to rescue him, how precisely was his carefully planned out orchestra of getting the uranium out going to work if he didn't plan on the CIA before going to trial, what a massive plothole. Not to mention the 1 billion euros, he was a billionaire beforehand... you don't lose all that. Nothing of this movie makes sense and McClane gets portrayed as some invincible quipping buffoon, instead of the last action hero. 4.0 was idiotic and over the top, but it was so much better for sheer entertainment value, how this managed not to lose all the money it spent is amazing.

Has anybody seen Ironclad? I'd like to know if it is any good.

Overall 5/10. Pretty forgettable. Looks and feels cheap. And the movie suffers very badly at the shaky camera disease. Meh.
But if you have seen an liked Paul Giamatti in other movies, then this is a movie to consider. - Excellent character actors hamming it up is always a joy to watch.

A Good Day To Die Hard

Holy hell what a badly done movie, Moore is an idiot, crap storyline, which is fine, it's a Die Hard movie, but you don't rescue it by saying Jesus Christ and I'm on vacation 20000 times. No memorable action scenes (killing a chopper with a car?) and no real direction. They didn't know CIA was going to rescue him, how precisely was his carefully planned out orchestra of getting the uranium out going to work if he didn't plan on the CIA before going to trial, what a massive plothole. Not to mention the 1 billion euros, he was a billionaire beforehand... you don't lose all that. Nothing of this movie makes sense and McClane gets portrayed as some invincible quipping buffoon, instead of the last action hero. 4.0 was idiotic and over the top, but it was so much better for sheer entertainment value, how this managed not to lose all the money it spent is amazing.

I bolded the most crucial flaw of the movie. The pacing was completely off. It was just action scene after action scene, no real build up. Something that the original trilogy did very well! The weakest scene was in the beginning. His son gets taken hostage (or whatever I can't be bothered to watch it again), McClane is in NYC, gets the news and the next scene shows him in Russia. WEAK!

And the action itself. The original movies relied on McClane being exactly the last action here. With just one pistol, often running out of bullets. In this one he pulled out an entire arsenal, as if he is ex-military. He is a NYC cop/detective! That was the charm of the original trilogy. They lost it completely with this movie.

In other news, today I went to see this:

The-Internship-movie-poster.jpg

You know, it wasn't bad at all! It was quite funny actually. Lots of guest appearances. The plot was predictable, but entertaining. The jokes were good, and not completely over the top. And there were some moments of pure genius, mostly in the interactions between computer geeks and regular folk.

Is it worth the admission price...meh. Hard to tell. But definitely worth renting and watching it when it comes out.

Last edited:
Was it actually filmed at one of Google's facilities? If so, I'd be geeking out because I helped procure a lot of the furniture. If not, I'd have absolutely zero interest in seeing the movie...and I sometimes get free movie tickets from work.