Last movie you saw?

The Worlds End

The beginning was a little off. It made me think the movie wasn't going to be all I hoped. I was dead wrong. 8/10

Dredd

Very Violent but still a good movie. Unfortunately, a sequel seems very unlikely.

Riddick:

Reminds me a lot of Pitch Black and very enjoyable. Opening 10 minutes deals with Chronicles of Riddick and then the film goes off in it's own direction. Worth watching.

The Reader

Excellent film and really powerful in places. 8.5/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness: 8/10 - Solid summer action flick, can't wait to see the next one.

Spring Breakers: 6/10 - A bit different from what I expected. The movie was shot well but the way it tried to convey it's point was a bit weak.

Oblivion: 7/10 - Interesting premise a tad predictable though.

Drinking Buddies: 5/10 - A forgettable film, the only redeeming quality for me was that it was shot in Chicago in and around my neighborhood so I recognized a lot of the film locations. Other than that, Olivia Wilde character/acting was just awkward and the whole thing just felt like a waste of time.

Last edited:
This summer I saw:
Man of Steel 3/5 Superman is hard to get right, he's too godly of a character. His inner turmoil could have been explored much more, and explored his limitations more.

World War Z 2/5 I don't know what to think of this movie.... the ending was laughable, but perhaps better than the first ending they had...

The Wolverine 4/5 Like Superman wolverine is almost too powerful due to his regeneration, interesting then when it's taken from him. Some weird turns and unexplained characters drags it down. The after credit ending was awesome though.

Elysium 3/5 Had pretty high hopes for this movie, but the action sequences were blurry and not that interesting to watch, the story felt way too drawn out for what it was. And the characters were very one dimensional.

Pacific Rim 4/5 Clearly a Mech-Anime homage. It has so many logical flaws that if killed the suspension of disbelief quite a lot for me, but it does so with a wink so it still well worth a watch if you like silly action.

Generally all movies besides Elysium were rated PG 13 and suffered a lot for it. I like my violent movies to be violent.

Small Apartments

Dafuq-did-I-just-watch-meme-655x409.jpg

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
That took me on an emotional roller coaster, holy shit!

Rush

For the love of FSM go and see it. Preferably not a dubbed version.

God dammit! It doesn't open until September 27 here in the States!

(One theater lists it as opening on Friday, Sept 20...I'll keep my fingers crossed)

I watched Corvette summer again. Turner Classic Movies ran it so I recorded to two DVRs. lol

It is as cheesey as I remember, but I still love that car. I would never keep it like that, but I love it.

Oblivion
It was an ok way to waste 2 hours, I was especially impressed with the visuals.
A decent sci-fi action flick. Tom Cruise got old :D

I still have no idea how baseball is played but an awesome film about the first African-American player in Major League baseball, in modern times.
The racism thing pissed me of at times. Ford was awesome, rest of the cast very good too. Recommend.

Rush
Solid movie, both actors did a good job. Thought it relied a little too heavily on exposition though, and they made the Hunt-Lauda relationship seem more hostile initially than it actually was. 8/10
Surprised they didn't mention what happened at Brands Hatch.

The Room
It's like sitting on an atom bomb that's about to explode. :lol:

Last edited:
Now You See Me

What a load of shite.

Rating 3/10.

I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't think it was great either. Certainly not shit though.

Rush 9/10

Awesome racemovie with stunning visuals. And Dani?l Bruhl is awesome as Lauda.