We're the Millers

Predictable, but funny in parts.

Rating 7/10.

Last edited:
Fantastic Planet

A mindfuck indeed.

8/10

New RoboCop:

It was a lot better than I expected having gotten mixed reviews. It has an all-star cast (which includes Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, and Michael Keaton) with great performances all around, was very well produced, and pays a nice homage to the original with a few quotes. People were complaining about not enough action scenes but I didn't feel that way because the ones that were there were very well done. Since this movie was shot here in Toronto I did recognize some areas, especially the downtown area where street signs with Richmond St. and Adelaide St. are clearly visible; it was a bit distracting since it's supposed to be Detroit, but it was cool seeing familiar areas in a big movie like this (which are usually filmed in New York). :D

Solid 8/10; I would put it on the same level as the original. :)

Last edited:
Frost/Nixon (2008)

I can't believe this movie is 6 years old now. I remember wanting to see it in the theater, but didn't get to it. Then I wanted to see it on video, but didn't do that either. It wasn't until the other day it was aired on cable and I caught it. Very compelling film.

9/10

I caught it the other night too. I had seen it a few years ago, but it is a good movie to see once every few years.

Grand Prix.

Great movie. It is rather long at nearly three hours and has large portions of slow-paced drama, but these are not bad, too. And the race scenes are awesome. And, primarily, they show the dangers of 1960s F1 in a brutal, scary way.

Grand Prix.

Great movie. It is rather long at nearly three hours and has large portions of slow-paced drama, but these are not bad, too. And the race scenes are awesome. And, primarily, they show the dangers of 1960s F1 in a brutal, scary way.

I've heard somewhere a story of how in some scenes, James Garner would get a little too excited and the real F1 drivers following him had to drive at actual race speeds to keep up. Don't know if it's true though.

The remake. Felt like watching some Cage. :)

Last edited:
I've heard somewhere a story of how in some scenes, James Garner would get a little too excited and the real F1 drivers following him had to drive at actual race speeds to keep up. Don't know if it's true though.
According to what was being said in the making of, Garner really had talent for driving.

On another note, this is one of the movies where a TV screen is simply too small. The on-board POV camera work calls for the big screen. Also, the BluRay version is simply the movie - including a several minutes long musical overture and an intermission. :D

Rush. Absolutely fantastic. You probably know this as you lot all seen it already, but if you haven't do so at your earliest convenience.

Robocop. Solid remake, some nice critical commentary of modern world affairs, a bit more emphasis on the human factor, rather than just action and violence, but the ending was a bit half-assed, compared to the original. 7/10.

Gravity

Liked.