Last movie you saw?

Men in Black 3 in 3-D:

It was ok but a bit confusing because i don't remember the first and second movies very well...
Some 3-d effects looked really cool :)

The Hangover Trilogy

Part I: Absolute comedy. Definitely a great film to watch and hilarious. Not perfect though, but at times it had me in stitches. A strong 8/10.

Part II: Still very funny, but you can tell it wasn't thought through quite as well as the original. I get why they reused a lot of jokes, but I think they reused a few too many. The odd reference here and there is fine but not too much. I'd say a 6/10, but only because it was still funny.

Part III: A bit more of a weird one, and frankly the only film they could have made, but perhaps that says they possibly should have just not made it at all. Worth watching, but I'm not sure why. 5/10.

Drive...

I had no real great expectations of a great story, but it was not bad, But this has universally bad music throughout. The music is supposed to help pull you into a story, not make you wonder what tone deaf moron was picking this shit. If you can't sleep, or you like bad music, it is worth a watch.

:blink:

I have no words. You're saying the movie that a lot of critics put at the top of 2011 and was acclaimed mostly for its soundtrack and story is bad in those areas in particular?

I... no... nope...

I love movies, but the music is B A D. Listen for yourselves.
[video=youtube;MV_3Dpw-BRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY&list=PL8AF7F89F397B8941[/video]

That is the best one of them all. I could listen to it all day. In fact, I have.

That is meant to take you to a playlist, play it on YT to hear them all.

I liked the retro feel of the whole movie. Reminded me of stuff like The Terminator and Manhunter.

The soundtrack was very late seventies, early 80s-tastic. But it fitted the athmosphere of the film, so I was okay with it.

Holy Motors
There are lots of films about filmmaking, State and Main, La Nuit Americaine and Living in Oblivion being the most obvious. Then there are films about film as an art and the people who make them, like Hugo Cabret, Sunset Blvd. or A Star is Born. "Holy Motors" by Leos Carax of "Les Amants du Pont-Neuf" fame, opens a third catagory: A Film as a metaphor for the process of world-creating and enacting of people's lives in the medium of film. At least, that's what I think it is about.

Factually, it is a film about a man driving from appointment to appointment in a stretch limo. Only thing is, each of his "appointments" consists of playing a different person: He's a motion capture actor, then an old beggar lady, then a father picking up his teenage daughter from a party. it is weird.

And then he is an accordionist:

This whole thing is so meta I still can't really wrap my head around it, but it definitly is one of the visually most striking films I've seen for a long time. The tracking shots of the sudden musical sequence are eye-wateringly beautiful.

Last edited:
A bit of a tangent, but if you liked the Drive soundtrack you might be interested in Outrun as well, which is music with a similar 80ies inspired style (you'll see a lot of Kavinsky posted there for example).

How can you hate Drive ?

Watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks with my son the other week and then we have had to watch it again, again ever since. Probably played it like 10 times over the past two weeks.

Its a great movie but man now it is getting old.

I forgot how creepy the vicker was.

So I rewatched this again. Still pretty stupid, but damn, Kristy Swanson was fine.

How can you hate Drive ?

Who said hate? What I do hate is how a movie can't seem to be criticised. How dare somebody have an opinion not shared by you! :rolleyes:

"You don't like the same movie(s) as me, so you're wrong!" never gets old.

Lots of people really liked Gravity. I thought it was "meh" at best.

Last edited:
So I rewatched this again. Still pretty stupid, but damn, Kristy Swanson was fine.

That's very stupid. And very entertaining. Especially the post-credit nod to his dad.