Last movie you saw?

I saw that at the drive in the other night. At least I think that was the movie, something about jumping and an angry looking black guy. I was much too preoccupied with my date to take much notice :p

The drive-in?

Where were you... the 1970s?

The drive-in?

Where were you... the 1970s?

We still have one nearby. There is another that is much closer for sale, anyone want to be a partner? lol

How to Train Your Dragon 2 in IMAX 3d

The first movie is one of my favorite movies, and though I've heard good things about the sequel, it's Dreamworks, and they don't exactly have a good reputation for doing sequels, so my expectations were middling at best going into this movie.

And boy were they exceeded. I loved it. the 3d was well done, and I thought the plot was well written and well executed. It is a much darker movie then the first though.
I think it's possibly among the best animated sequel movies I've seen, in fact, I think it's one of the best animated movies I've seen period.
It's definitely just as good as the first.

9/10 :cool:

Django Unchained

I actively avoided the movie so far because after what I had seen in trailers and stuff, I wasn?t sure I was gonna like it. And I did not really like it. Wasn?t generally bad, but by Tarantino standart - not good. My least favorite film of the man. It all goes downhill the moment Leonardo de Caprio is on screen. Not due to his acting, but due to his character and the change of pace and narrative that comes with it. Those whole 40 Minutes or so do not work. A complete waste of time and the finale does not make up for that.

6.5/10

the Lego Movie

yeah. That was surprisingly good. Apart from the bit at the end where will Ferell is supposed to act "normally" and ruins 5 minutes (perfect piss-break right there) ... pretty much a very good movie. Loved the visuals ...

8/10

How to Train Your Dragon 2 in IMAX 3d

The first movie is one of my favorite movies, and though I've heard good things about the sequel, it's Dreamworks, and they don't exactly have a good reputation for doing sequels, so my expectations were middling at best going into this movie.

And boy were they exceeded. I loved it. the 3d was well done, and I thought the plot was well written and well executed. It is a much darker movie then the first though.
I think it's possibly among the best animated sequel movies I've seen, in fact, I think it's one of the best animated movies I've seen period.
It's definitely just as good as the first.

9/10 :cool:

And theaters here only have it dubbed, and there is no way I'm watching that! I don't know who's brainfart was to not release an original version, idiots!
Maybe they still will.

Tommy Lee Jones as MacArthur made me want to like this sooooooo damn bad

but, pointless, silly, totally made up love story = -1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/10

It would have been alright to do that with a fictional story and fictional characters, but to do it with real history and real people is just shitting on history

especially since this particular chapter of history was dramatic enough that it should keep peoples attention well enough being told accurately, that the filmmakers thought they needed to make shit up to add drama just tells me they suck at filmmaking

George Clooney made a lot of people very angry over the lighthearted tone of Monuments Men, but this stuff is just as bad I think

Also whoever taught Matthew Fox to act should commit seppuku.

Robocop 2014

First thing first, lets discuss the age rating. Robocop with it's 18 rating and yet they had toys for kids. :lol:

$_12.JPG

For those people around my age, we all saw this when we were young and it was awesome.

full.gif

This is the most violent thing in the new one.

ku-xlarge.gif

Which is pretty brutal, but its not Robocop

Robocop needs violence...

7887073_orig.gif

robocop.gif

The film itself is alright and it's watchable. I wouldn't buy it brand new on blu-ray, but in a few years time in a bargain bin? Yes, i'd buy that for a dollar.

Rating 5.5/10

Yeah, I went to see it a couple of months ago. I didn't post about it because...well, I had already forgotten about it by the time I was back.

The film was pretty good and then
Will Ferrell turned up and the real life nonsense happened, it ruined it for me